1. Brenner H, Gondos A, Arndt V (2007) Recent major progress in long-term cancer patient survival disclosed by modeled period analysis. J Clin Oncol 25:3274-3280.
2. Moulder S, Hortobagyi GN (2008) Advances in the treatment of breast cancer. Clin Pharmacol Ther 83:26-36.
3. Coley HM (2008) Mechanisms and strategies to overcome chemotherapy resistance in metastatic breast cancer. Cancer Treat Rev 34 :378-390.
4. Tang SC (2009) Strategies to decrease taxanes toxicities in the adjuvant treatment o f early breast cancer. Cancer Invest 27:206-214.
5. Freund CT, Tong XW, Rowley D, Engehausen D, Frolov A, K ieback DG, Lerner SP (2003) Combination of adenovirus- mediated thymidine kinase gene therapy with cytotoxic chemotherapy in bladder cancer in vitro. Urol Oncol 21:197-205.
6. Mavria G, Harrington KJ, Marshall CJ, Porter CD (2005) In vivo efficacy of HSV-TK transcriptionally targeted to the tumour vasculature is augmented by combination with cytotoxic chemotherapy. J Gene Med 7:263-275.
7. Shieh GS, Shiau AL, Yo YT, Lin PR, Chang CC, Tzai TS, Wu CL (2006) Low-dose etoposide enhances telomerase-dependent adenovirus- mediated cytosine deaminase gene therapy through augmentation of adenoviral infection and transgene expression in a syngeneic bladder tumor model. Cancer Res 66: 9957-9966.
8. Gopinath P, Ghosh SS (2008) Apoptotic induction with bifunctional E.coli cytosine deaminase-uracil phosphoribosyltransferase mediated suicide gene therapy is synergized by curcumin treatment in vitro. Mol Biotechnol 39:39-48.
9. Dachs GU, Tupper J, Tozer GM (2005) From bench to bedside for gene-directed enzyme prodrug therapy of cancer. Anticancer Drugs 16:349-359.