Subject: bepress|Life Sciences|Biology | bepress|Life Sciences|Neuroscience and Neurobiology | Article
mesheuropmc: genetic structures
Images of iconic buildings, such as the CN Tower, instantly transport us to specific places, such as Toronto. Despite the substantial impact of architectural design on people’s visual experience of built environments, we know little about its neural representation in th... View more
1. United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. World Urbanization prospects: the 2014 revision highlights. (United Nations publications, 2014).
2. Nasar, J. L. Urban design aesthetics the evaluative qualities of building exteriors. Environ. Behav. 26, 377-401 (1994).
3. Vartanian, O. et al. Impact of contour on aesthetic judgments and approach-avoidance decisions in architecture. PNAS. 110, 10446-10453 (2013).
4. Hinds, O. P. et al. Accurate prediction of V1 location from cortical folds in a surface coordinate system. Neuroimage. 39, 1585-1599 (2008).
5. Park, S., Brady, T. F., Greene, M. R. & Oliva, A. Disentangling scene content from spatial boundary: Complementary roles for the PPA and LOC in representing real-world scenes. J. Neurosci. 31, 1333-1340 (2011).
6. Walther, D. B., Caddigan, E., Fei-Fei, L. & Beck, D. M. Natural scene categories revealed in distributed patterns of activity in the human brain. J. Neurosci. 29, 10573-10581 (2009).
7. Walther, D. B., Chai, B., Caddigan, E., Beck, D. M. & Fei-Fei, L. Simple line drawings suffice for functional MRI decoding of natural scene categories. PNAS. 108, 9661-9666 (2011).
10. Harel, A., Kravitz, D. J. & Baker, C. I. Deconstructing visual scenes in cortex: gradients of object and spatial layout information. Cereb. Cortex. 23, 947-957 (2013).
11. Choo, H. & Walther, D. B. Contour junctions underlie neural representations of scene categories in high-level human visual cortex. NeuroImage. 135, 32-44 (2016).
12. Lowe, M. X., Ferber, S. & Cant, J. S. Processing context: asymmetric interference of visual form and texture in object and scene interactions. Vision Res. 117, 34-40 (2015).