Niral KariaDepartment of Ophthalmology, Southend Hospital, Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff on Sea, Essex, United KingdomAbstract: This paper reviews the current thinking about retinal vein occlusion. It gives an overview of its pathophysiology and discusses the evidence be... View more
1. Cugati S, Wang JJ, Rochtchina E, et al. Ten-year incidence of retinal vein occlusion in an older population: the Blue Mountains Eye Study. Arch Ophthalmol. 2006;124:726-732.
2. Hayreh S. Prevalent misconceptions about acute retinal vascular occlusive disorders. Prog Retinal Eye Res. 2005;24:493-519.
3. Cheung N, Klein R, Wang J, et al. Traditional and novel cardiovascular risk factors for retinal vein occlusion: the multiethnic study of atherosclerosis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4297-4302.
4. Klein R, Moss SE, Meuer SM, Klein BE. The 15-year cumulative incidence of retinal vein occlusion: the Beaver Dam Eye Study. Arch Ophthalmol. 2008;126:513-518.
5. Dexamethasone 700 µg intravitreal implant in applicator for retinal vein occlusion. Allergan advance notification document. 2009 Oct.
6. Dexamethasone Intravitreal Implant Approved for Retinal Vein Occlusion. Medscape Medical News. Available from: http://www.medscape. com/viewarticle/704854. Accessed on March 1, 2010.
7. Rogers S, McIntosh RL, Cheung N, et al. The prevalence of retinal vein occlusion: pooled data from population studies from the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Ophthalmology. 2010;117:313-319.
8. Green WR, Chan CC, Hutchins GM, et al. Central retinal vein occlusions: A prospective histopathologic study of 29 eyes in 28 cases. Retina. 1981;1:27-55.
9. The Eye Disease Case-Control Study Group. Risk factors for central retinal vein occlusion. Arch Ophthalmol. 1996;114:545-554.
10. Sperduto RD, Hiller R, Chew E, et al. Risk factors for hemiretinal vein occlusion: comparison with risk factors for central and branch retinal vein occlusion: the eye disease case-control study. Ophthalmology. 1999;106:439-440.