Subject: Prevalence | R5-920 | Medicine (General) | Primary care | Malaysia | Psychological morbidity | Research | Insomnia
mesheuropmc: mental disorders
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Insomnia is a common public health problem and the prevalence and impact of insomnia in primary care attendees is not well documented in the Asian population.</p> <p>Objectives</p> <p>To determine the prevalence of self-reported inso... View more
1. Ustun TB, Privett M, Lecrubier Y: Form, frequency and burden of sleep problem in general health care: a report from the WHO collaborative study on psychological problem in general health care. Eur Psychiatry 1996, 11(Supp 1):5S-10S.
2. Ohayon MM: Epidemiology of insomnia: what we know and what we still need to learn. Sleep Med Rev 2002, 6(2):97-111.
3. Groeger JA, Zijlstra FR, Dijk DJ: Sleep quantity, sleep difficulties and their perceived consequences in a representative sample of some 2000 British adults. J Sleep Res 2004, 13(4):359-371.
4. Kim K, Uchiyama M, Okawa M, Liu X, Ogihara R: An epidemiological study of insomnia among the Japanese general population. Sleep 2000, 23(1):41-47.
5. Yeo BK, Perera IS, Kok LP, Tsoi WF: Insomnia in the community. Singapore Med J 1996, 37:282-284.
6. Li RH, Wing YK, Ho SC, Fong S: Gender differences in insomnia: a study in the Hong Kong Chinese population. J Psychosom Res 2002, 53:601-609.
7. Ohayon MM, Hong SC: Prevalence of insomnia and associated factors in South Korea. J Psychosom Res 2002, 53:593-600.
8. Terzano MG, Parrino L, Cirignotta F, Ferini-Strambi L, Gigli G, Rudelli G: Studio Morfeo: insomnia in primary care, a survey conducted on the Italian population. Sleep Med 2004, 5:67-75.
9. Aikens JE, Rouse ME: Help-seeking for insomnia among adult patients in primary care. J Am Board Fam Pract 2005, 18(4):257-260.
10. Simon GE, VonKorff M: Prevalence, burden, and treatment of insomnia in primary care. Am J Psychiatry 1997, 154:1417-1423.