Subject: [ SDV ] Life Sciences [q-bio] | Biotechnology | High-level Expression | Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology | Bacillus subtilis | Nattokinase gene | Characterization | Research | Bioengineering | Detergent- and organic-solvent resistance
Background Nattokinases/Subtilisins (EC 126.96.36.199) belong to the second large family of serine proteases, which gain significant attention and play important role in many biotechnology processes. Thus, a number of nattokinases/subtilisins from various Bacillus species, ... View more
1. Jacobs M, Eliasson M, Uhlen M, Flock JI: Cloning, sequencing and expression of subtilisin Carlsberg from Bacillus licheniformis. Nucleic Acids Res 1985, 13:8913-8926.
2. Shinde U, Inouye M: Folding mediated by an intramolecular chaperone: autoprocessing pathway of the precursor resolved via a substrate assisted catalysis mechanism. J Mol Biol 1995, 247:390-395.
3. Liu CF, Tam JP: Subtilisin-catalyzed synthesis of amino acid and peptide esters. Application in a two-step enzymatic ligation strategy. Org Lett 2001, 3(26):4157-4159.
4. Nagarajan V: System for secretion of heterologous proteins in Bacillus subtilis. Methods Enzymol 1990, 185:214-223.
5. Wu S-M, Feng C, Zhong J, Huan L-D: Enhanced production of recombinant nattokinase in Bacillus subtilis by promoter optimization. World J Microbiol Biotechnol 2011, 27:99-106.
6. Deng A, Wu J, Zhang G, Wen T: Molecular and structural characterization of a surfactant-stable high-alkaline protease AprB with a novel structural feature unique to subtilisin family. Biochimie 2011, 93(4):783-791.
7. Peng Y, Huang Q, Zhang RH, Zhang YZ: Purification and characterization of a fibrinolytic enzyme produced by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens DC-4 screened from douchi, a traditional Chinese soybean food. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 2003, 134(1):45-52.
8. Xiao L, Zhang RH, Peng Y, Zhang YZ: Highly efficient gene expression of a fibrinolytic enzyme (subtilisin DFE) in Bacillus subtilis mediated by the promoter of alpha-amylase gene from Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. Biotechnol Lett 2004, 26(17):1365-1369.
9. Ye R, Kim JH, Kim BG, Szarka S, Sihota E, Wong SL: High-level secretory production of intact, biologically active staphylokinase from Bacillus subtilis. Biotechnol Bioeng 1999, 62(1):87-96.
10. Phuong ND, Jeong YS, Selvaraj T, Kim SK, Kim YH, Jung KH, Kim J, Yun HD, Wong SL, Lee JK, et al: Production of XynX, a large multimodular protein of Clostridium thermocellum, by protease-deficient Bacillus subtilis strains. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 2012, 168(2):375-382.