mesheuropmc: endocrine system diseases | nutritional and metabolic diseases
Young-Mo Yang, Eun Joo Choi College of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Gwangju, South Korea Background: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is an endocrinopathy that affects approximately 10% of reproductive-aged women throughout their lives. Women with PCOS present with he... View more
1. Domecg JP, Prutsky G, Mullan RJ, et al. Adverse effects of the common treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98(12):4646-4654.
2. Johnson NP. Metformin use in women with polycystic ovary syndrome. Ann Transl Med. 2014;2(6):56. doi: 10.3978/j.issn.2305-5839. 2014.04.15.
3. Sirmans SM, Pate KA. Epidemiology, diagnosis, and management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Clin Epidemiol. 2013;6:1-13.
4. Setji TL, Brown AJ. Polycystic ovary syndrome: update on diagnosis and treatment. Am J Med. 2014;127(10):912-919.
5. Zawadski JK, Dunaif A. Diagnostic criteria for polycystic ovary syndrome. In: Givens JHF, Merriman G, editors. The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Cambridge, MA: Blackwell Scientific; 1992:377-384.
6. Rotterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored PCOS Consensus Workshop Group. Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2004;81(1): 19-25.
7. Azziz R, Carmina E, Dewailly D, et al. Positions statement: criteria for denfiing polycystic ovary syndrome as a predominantly hyperandrogenic syndrome: an androgen excess society guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91(11):4237-4245.
8. Saha L, Kaur S, Saha PK. Pharmacotherapy of polycystic ovary syndrome - an update. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2012;26(1):54-62.
9. Peigne M, Dewailly D. Long term complications of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). Ann Endocrinol (Paris). 2014;75(4):194-199.
10. Glintborg D, Altinok ML, Mumm H, Hermann AP, Ravn P, Andersen M. Body composition is improved during 12 months' treatment with metformin alone or combined with oral contraceptives compared with treatment with oral contraceptives in polycystic ovary syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99(7):2584-2591.