Subject: Biotechnology | adsorption | SEM images | Pharmaceutical Science | lipid | tablet | silicate | tabletability | Organic Chemistry | Pharmacology | Molecular Medicine | comparative evaluation | Neusilin® US2 | Research Paper | Pharmacology (medical) | surfactant
ABSTRACT Purpose To compare six commonly available silicates for their suitability to develop tablets by adsorbing components of liquid lipid-based drug delivery systems. Methods The tabletability of Aerosil® 200, Sipernat® 22, Sylysia® 350, Zeopharm® 600, Neusilin® US2... View more
1. Gupta MK, Tseng YC, Goldman D, Bogner RH. Hydrogen bonding with adsorbent during storage governs drug dissolution from solid-dispersion granules. Pharm Res. 2002;19(11):1663-72.
2. Mellaerts R, Jammaer JAG, Van Speybroeck M, Chen H, Humbeeck JV, Augustijns P, et al. Physical state of poorly water soluble therapeutic molecules loaded into SBA-15 ordered mesoporous silica carriers: a case study with itraconazole and ibuprofen. Langmuir. 2008;24(16):8651-9.
3. Sander C, Holm P. Porous magnesium aluminometasilicate tablets as carrier of a cyclosporine self-emulsifying formulation. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2009;10(4):1388-95.
4. Van Speybroeck M, Barillaro V, Thi TD, Mellaerts R, Martens J, Van Humbeeck J, et al. Ordered mesoporous silica material SBA15: a broad-spectrum formulation platform for poorly soluble drugs. J Pharm Sci. 2009;98(8):2648-58.
5. Van Speybroeck M, Mellaerts R, Mols R, Thi TD, Martens JA, Van Humbeeck J, et al. Enhanced absorption of the poorly soluble drug fenofibrate by tuning its release rate from ordered mesoporous silica. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2010;41(5):623-30.
6. Limnell T, Santos HA, Mäkilä E, Heikkilä T, Salonen J, Murzin DY, et al. Drug delivery formulations of ordered and nonordered mesoporous silica: comparison of three drug loading methods. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100(8):3294-306.
7. Qian KK, Bogner RH. Application of mesoporous silicon dioxide and silicate in oral amorphous drug delivery systems. J Pharm Sci. 2012;101(2):444-63.
8. Milovic M, Djuris J, Djekic L, Vasiljevic D, Ibric S. Characterization and evaluation of solid self-microemulsifying drug delivery systems with porous carriers as systems for improved carbamazepine release. Int J Pharm. 2012;436:58-65.
9. Liao C-C, Jarowski CI. Dissolution rates of corticoid solutions dispersed on silicas. J Pharm Sci. 1984;73(3):401-3.
10. Patil P, Joshi P, Paradkar A. Effect of formulation variables on preparation and evaluation of gelled self-emulsifying drug delivery system (SEDDS) of ketoprofen. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2004;5(3):43-50.