mesheuropmc: education | health care economics and organizations | health services administration | health care facilities, manpower, and services
Background - Cardiovascular disease (CVD) progression is modifiable through lifestyle behaviors. Community pharmacists are ideally placed to facilitate self-management of cardiovascular health however research shows varied pharmacist engagement in providing lifestyle ad... View more
1. Global Atlas on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Control. Geneva; 2011.
2. The NHS's Role in the Public's Health: A Report From the NHS Future Forum. Health Do; 2012.
3. Choosing Health Through Pharmacy - Programme for Pharmaceutical Public Health 2005-2015. Department of Health; 2005.
4. Eades CE, Ferguson JS, O'Carroll RE. Public health in community pharmacy: a systematic review of pharmacist and consumer views. BMC Public Health 2011;11:582.
5. Cordina M, Safta V, Ciobanu A, Sautenkova N. An assessment of community pharmacists' attitudes towards of professional practice in the Republic of Moldova. Pharm Pract 2008;6(1-8).
6. Pfleger D, McHattie L, Diack H, McCaig D, Stewart D. Views, attitudes and self-assessed training needs of Scottish community pharmacists to public health practice and competence. Pharm World & Sci 2008;30:801-809.
7. Scott A, Bond C, Inch J, Grant A. Preferences of community pharmacists for extended roles in primary care. Pharmacoeconomics 2007;25:783-792.
8. Laliberte M-C, Perreault S, Damestoy N, Lalonde L. Ideal and actual involvement of community pharmacists in health promotion and prevention: a crosssectional study in Quebec, Canada. BMC Public Health 2012;12:192.
9. Anderson C, Blenkinsopp A, Armstrong M. Pharmacists' perceptions regarding their contribution to improving the public's health: a systematic review of the United Kingdom and international literature 1990-2001. Int J Pharm Pract 2003;11:111-120.
10. O'Loughlin J, Masson P, D e´ry V, Fagnan D. The role of community pharmacists in health education and disease prevention: a survey of their interests and needs in relation to cardiovascular disease. Prev Med 1999;28:324-331.