Subject: Political institutions and public administration (General) | JF20-2112 | emergency room management; constraint management; theory of constraints; Goldratt’s thinking and problem solving process | theory of constraints | constraint management | emergency room management | Goldratt’s thinking and problem solving process
Healthcare costs continue to increase dramatically, while quality remains a significant problem. Reform measures initiated by the government will drive expansion of these costs, further stressing taxpayers and employers, and forcing hospitals to adopt fundamental change... View more
1. Cooke, T.; Watt, D.; Wertzler, W.; Quan, H. Patient expectations of emergency department care: Phase II-A cross-sectional survey. CJEM 2006, 8(3), 148-157.
2. Fox, R.E. The constraint theory. Internal working paper; Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute: New Haven, CT, USA, 1989.
3. Goldratt, E.M. An Introduction to Theory Of Constraints: The Production Approach; Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute: New Haven, CT, USA, 1992.
4. Goldratt, E.M. An Introduction to Theory Of Constraints: The Goal Approach; Avraham Y. Goldratt Institute: New Haven, CT, USA, 1992.
5. Goldratt, E.M. What is the theory of constraints? APICS The Performance Advantage 1993, June, 18-20.
6. Goldratt, E. M. It's Not Luck; North River Press: Great Barrington, MA, USA, 1994.
7. Kellis, D.S.; Rumberger, J.S.; Bartels, B. Healthcare reform and the hospital industry: What can we expect? J. Healthc. Manag. 2010, 55(4), 283-297.
8. Knapman, M.; Bonner, A. Overcrowding in medium-volume emergency departments: Effects of aged patients in emergency departments on wait times for non-emergent triage-level patients. Int. J. Nurs. Prac. 2010, 16(3), 310-317.
9. MacKusick, C.; Minick, P. Why are nurses leaving? Findings From an initial qualitative study on nursing attrition. MEDSURG Nursing 2010, 19(6), 335-340.
10. Muula, A.S.; Panulo Jr., B.; Maseko, F.C. The financial losses from the migration of nurses from Malawi. BMC Nursing 2006, 5, 9-6.