Subject: MALDI | R | honeybee venom | Medicine | peptidome profiling | sting | Article
The aim of this study was to explore the serum peptide profiles from honeybee stung and non-stung individuals. Two groups of serum samples obtained from 27 beekeepers were included in our study. The first group of samples was collected within 3 h after a bee sting (stun... View more
Rueff, F.; Jappe, U.; Przybilla, B. Standards and pitfalls of in vitro diagnostics of hymenoptera venom allergy. Hautarzt 2010, 61, 938-945.
Rieger-Ziegler, V.; Rieger, E.; Kranke, B.; Aberer, W. Hymenoptera venom allergy: Time course of specific IgE concentrations during the first weeks after a sting. Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 1999, 120, 166-168.
3. Kemeny, D.M.; Harries, M.G.; Youlten, L.J.; Mackenzie-Mills, M.; Lessof, M.H. Antibodies to purified bee venom proteins and peptides. I. Development of a highly specific RAST for bee venom antigens and its application to bee sting allergy. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 1983, 71, 505-514.
4. Matysiak, J.; Matysiak, J.; Bręborowicz, A.; Kokot, Z.J. Diagnosis of hymenoptera venom allergy-With special emphasis on honeybee (Apis mellifera) venom allergy. Ann. Agric. Environ. Med. 2013, 20, 875-879.
5. Müller, U.R. New developments in the diagnosis and treatment of hymenoptera venom allergy. Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 2001, 124, 447-453.
6. Simons, F.E.; Frew, A.J.; Ansotegui, I.J.; Bochner, B.S.; Golden, D.B.; Finkelman, F.D. Risk assessment in anaphylaxis: Current and future approaches. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2007, 120, 2-24.
7. Matysiak, J.; Dereziński, P.; Klupczyńska, A.; Matysiak, J.; Kaczmarek, E.; Kokot, Z.J. Effects of a honeybee sting on the serum free amino acid profile in humans. PLoS One 2014, 9, 1-12.