Subject: Wounds and injuries | Economics | Medical | Health Policy | Research Article | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Meeting Abstract | Cost allocations | Cost and cost analysis | Hospital costs
mesheuropmc: health care economics and organizations
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>In order to assist health service planning, understanding factors that influence higher trauma treatment costs is essential. The majority of trauma costing research reports the cost of trauma from the perspective of the receiving hos... View more
1. World Health Organization: Global status report on road safety: time for action. Geneva: WHO; 2009.
2. Lyons RA, Finch CF, McClure R, van Beeck E, Macey S: The injury list of all deficits (LOAD) framework - conceptualising the full range of deficits and adverse outcomes following injury and violence. Int J Inj Control Saf Promot 2010, 17(3):145-159.
3. Peden M, McGee K, et al: Injury: a leading cause of the global burden of disease, 2000. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2002.
4. Roudsari BS, Nathens AB, Cameron P, Civil I, Gruen RL, Koepsell TD, Lecky FE, Lefering RL, Liberman M, Mock CN, et al: International comparison of prehospital trauma care systems. Injury 2007, 38(9):993-1000.
5. Celso B, Tepas J, Langland-Orban B, Pracht E, Papa L, Lottenberg L, Flint L: A systematic review and meta-analysis comparing outcome of severely injured patients treated in trauma centers following the establishment of trauma systems. Journal of Trauma - Injury, Infection and Critical Care 2006, 60(2):371-378.
6. Brennan PW, Everest ER, Griggs WM, Slater A, Carter L, Lee C, Semmens JK, Wood DJ, Nguyen AMT, Owen DL, et al: Risk of death among cases attending South Australian major trauma services after severe trauma: The first 4 years of operation of a state trauma system. Journal of Trauma - Injury, Infection and Critical Care 2002, 53(2):333-339.
7. Papa L, Langland-Orban B, Kallenborn C: Assessing effectiveness of a mature trauma system: Association of trauma center presence with lower injury mortality rate. Journal of Trauma 2006, 61(2):261-266.
8. Twijnstra MJ, Moons KGM, Simmermacher RKJ, Leenen LPH: Regional trauma system reduces mortality and changes admission rates: a before and after study. Ann Surg 2010, 251(2):339-343.
9. Westhoff J, Hildebrand F, Grotz M, Richter M, Pape HC, Krettek C: Trauma care in Germany. Injury 2003, 34(9):674-683.
10. Curtis K, Dickson C, Black D, Nau T: The cost and compensability of trauma patients. Aust Heal Rev 2009, 33(1):84-92.