Subject: Biotechnology | TP368-456 | peroxidase | Citrus unshiu fruit; hot water dip; peroxidase; postharvest cold storage | hot water dip | postharvest cold storage | Citrus unshiu fruit | TP248.13-248.65 | Food processing and manufacture
mesheuropmc: food and beverages
The Unshiu mandarin (Citrus unshiu Marc.) is the major Citrus crop in Croatia. Limiting factors for longer consumption of Unshiu mandarin are low storage performance and the appearance of chilling injuries during storage. Previous studies indicated that oxidative stress... View more
1. R. Porat, D. Pavoncello, J. Peretz, S. Ben-Yehoshua, S. Lurie, Effects of various heat treatments on the induction of cold tolerance and on the postharvest qualities of 'Star Ruby' grapefruit, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 18 (2000) 159-165.
2. G.A. Gonzalez-Aguilar, L. Zacarias, M. Mulas, M.T. Lafuente, Temperature and duration of water dips influence chilling injury, decay and polyamine content in 'Fortune' mandarins, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 12 (1997) 61-69.
3. N. Holland, H.C. Menezes, M.T. Lafuente, Carbohydrates as related to the heat-induced chilling tolerance and respiratory rate of 'Fortune' mandarin fruit harvested at different maturity stages, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 25 (2002) 181- 191.
4. A. Del Caro, A. Piga, V. Vacca, M. Agabbio, Changes of flavonoids, vitamin C and antioxidant capacity in minimally processed citrus segments and juices during storage, Food Chem. 84 (2004) 99-105.
5. L. Taiz, E. Zeiger: Plant Physiology, Sinauer Associates, Sunderland, Massachusetts (1998).
6. E. Kuzniak, H. Urbanek, The involvement of hydrogen peroxide in plant responses to stresses, Acta Physiol. Plant. 22 (2000) 195-203.
7. A. Polle: Defence Against Photooxidative Damage in Plants. In: Oxidative Stress and the Molecular Biology of Antioxidant Defences, J.G. Scandalios (Ed.), Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, New York (1997) pp. 623-666.
8. T. Gaspar, C. Penel, D. Hagege, H. Greppin: Peroxidases in Plant Growth: Differentiation and Development Processes. In: Biochemical, Molecular and Physiological Aspects of Plant Peroxidases, J. Lobarzewski, H. Greppin, C. Penel, T. Gaspar (Eds.), Lublin (1991) pp. 249-280.
9. S. Hiraga, K. Sasaki, H. Ito, Y. Ohashi, H. Matsui, A large family of class III plant peroxidases, Plant Cell Physiol. 42 (2001) 462-468.
10. J.M. Sala, Involvement of oxidative stress in chilling injury in cold-stored mandarin fruits, Postharvest Biol. Technol. 13 (1998) 255-261.