Subject: Patient Intelligence | R5-920 | Medicine (General)
Regina Bussing, Anuja S Mehta Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA Abstract: Increasing numbers of families must learn to manage their child&#39;s attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) through multimodal interventions that... View more
1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th ed, text revision. Washington: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
2. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Increasing prevalence of parent-reported attention-decfiit/hyperactivity disorder among children - United States, 2003 and 2007. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59(44):1439-1443.
3. Singh I. Doing their jobs: mothering with Ritalin in a culture of mother-blame. Soc Sci Med. 2004;59(6):1193-1205.
4. Castellanos FX, Proal E. Location, location, and thickness: volumetric neuroimaging of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder comes of age. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009;48(10):979-981.
5. Faraone SV, Perlis RH, Doyle AE, et al. Molecular genetics of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57(11): 1313-1323.
6. Nigg JT. What Causes ADHD: Understanding What Goes Wrong and Why. New York: Guilford; 2006.
7. Willcutt EG, Doyle AE, Nigg JT, Faraone SV, Pennington BF. Validity of the executive function theory of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a meta-analytic review. Biol Psychiatry. 2005;57(11):1336-1346.
8. Lara C, Fayyad J, de Graaf R, et al. Childhood predictors of adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: results from the World Health Organization World Mental Health Survey Initiative. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65(1):46-54.
9. Molina BS, Hinshaw SP, Swanson JM, et al. The MTA at 8 years: prospective follow-up of children treated for combined-type ADHD in a multisite study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2009;48(5): 484-500.
10. Danckaerts M, Sonuga-Barke EJ, Banaschewski T, et al. The quality of life of children with attention decfiit/hyperactivity disorder: a systematic review. Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010;19(2):83-105.