Subject: R | weather | temperature | health behavior | humidity | adolescent | Medicine | sedentary lifestyle | Article | child
This cross-sectional study examined differences in children’s health behaviors during school term (ST) versus school holiday (SH: June–July) and how associations changed when weather characteristics were considered. Children aged 5–18 years (n = 406) from a subtropical ... View more
Franckle, R.; Adler, R.; Davison, K. Accelerated weight gain among children during summer versus school year and related racial/ethnic disparities: A systematic review. Prev. Chronic Dis. 2014, 11, doi:10.5888/pcd11.130355.
4. Shephard, R.J.; Aoyagi, Y. Seasonal variations in physical activity and implications for human health. Eur. J. Appl. Physiol. 2009, 107, 251-271.
5. Aibar, A.; Bois, J.E.; Generelo, E.; Bengoechea, E.G.; Paillard, T.; Zaragoza, J. Effect of weather, school transport, and perceived neighborhood characteristics on moderate to vigorous physical activity levels of adolescents from two European cities. Environ. Behav. 2015, 47, 395-417.
6. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A SAS program for the CDC growth charts. Available online: http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/growthcharts/resources/sas.htm (accessed on 30 January 2015).
7. Godin, G.; Shephard, R.J. A simple method to assess exercise behavior in the community. Can. J. Appl. Sport Sci. 1985, 10, 141-146.
8. Miller, D.J.; Freedson, P.S.; Kline, G.M. Comparison of activity levels using the Caltrac accelerometer and five questionnaires. Med. Sci. Sport Exerc. 1994, 26, 376-382.
9. Roberts, C.; Freeman, J.; Samdal, O.; Schnohr, C.W.; de Looze, M.E.; Nic Gabhainn, S.; Iannotti, R.; Rasmussen, M.; for the International HBSC Study Group. The Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) study: Methodological developments and current tensions. Int. J. Public Health 2009, 54, 140-150.
10. Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee. Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee Report; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Washington, DC, USA, 2008.