Product Line Rivalry with Brand Differentiation.
Gilbert, Richard J; Matutes, Carmen;
- Publisher: eScholarship, University of California
- Journal: Journal of Industrial Economics,volume 41,issue 3 September,pages223-40
- Subject: entry | Social and Behavioral Sciences | Business | product differentiation | oligopoly | product differentiation, entry, oligopoly, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Business
Competition with product rivalry is examined in a model where products are differentiated by both quality and brand name. With no commitment, firms produce a full product line. When firms can commit to restrict their product offerings, firms specialize if the degree of ... View more
- Similar Research Results (6)
- Metrics No metrics available