Subject: bitcoin; blockchain; law; regulation | K0520 | K | Law; Cyberlaw; Internet Regulation
This paper examines Bitcoin from a legal and regulatory perspective, answering several important questions.\ud \ud We begin by explaining what Bitcoin is, and why it matters. We describe problems with Bitcoin as a method of implementing a cryptocurrency. This introducti... View more
5. Robert Zoé, 2015. “Pirates largest party fourth month in row,” Iceland Review (4 August), at http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/08/04/pirateslargest-party-fourth-month-row.
6. J. Bearman, 2015. “The untold story of Silk Road,” Wired, at http://wrd.cm/1L6svlW.
7. J. Bartlett, 2014. The dark net: Inside the digital underworld. London: William Heinemann.
8. J. Mullin, 2015. “Sunk: How Ross Ulbricht ended up in prison for life,” Ars Technica (29 May), at http://bit.ly/1M7ChnP.
13. N. Popper, 2014. Digital gold: Bitcoin and the inside story of the misfits and millionaires trying to reinvent money (New York: Harper); D. Frisby, 2014. Bitcoin: The future of money? (London: Unbound); Y. Jenkins, 2015. Bitcoin: Millionaire maker or monopoly money? (Charleston, S.C.).
14. P. Anning, S. Hoegner and J. Brito, 2015. The law of Bitcoin. Bloomington, Ind.: iUniverse.
15. D.L.K. Cheun (editor), 2015. Handbook of digital currency: Bitcoin, innovation, financial instruments, and big data. Amsterdam : Elsevier/AP; P. Franco, 2015. Understanding Bitcoin: Cryptography, engineering and economics. Chichester, West Sussex: Wiley.
16. J. Robinson, 2014. BitCon: The naked truth about Bitcoin.
17. A useful introduction is M. Swan, 2015. Blockchain: Blueprint for a new economy. Sebastopol, Calif.: O'Reilly Media. 2013. “Virtual currencies, the risks and the regulatory radar,” E-Finance & Payments Law & Policy, volume 7, number 7, pp. 10-11. 19. See reviews of earlier literature in J.M. Balkin and B. Noveck (editors), 2006. The state of play: Law and virtual worlds. New York University Press; T. Davies and B. Noveck (editors), 2006. Online deliberation: Design, research, and practice. CSLI Publications/University of Chicago Press; B. Noveck, 2006. “A democracy of groups,” First Monday, volume 10, number 11, at http://firstmonday.org/article/view/1289/1209.
37. A. Yelowitz and M. Wilson, 2015. “Characteristics of Bitcoin users: An analysis of Google search data,” Applied Economics Letters, volume 22, number 13, pp. 1,030-1,036.