Subject: social support networks | caregiver strain | R | community sample | attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder | Medicine | mental health services utilization | Article
mesheuropmc: behavioral disciplines and activities | mental disorders
Objective: This study examines the associations of childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) risk status with subsequent parental social network characteristics and caregiver strain in adolescence; and examines predictors of adolescent mental health ser... View more
J. Am. Acad. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry 2010, 49, 980-989.
Psychiatry 2010, 19, 83-105.
Pediatr. 2007, 7, 82-90.
Impact of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder on the patient and family: Results from a European survey. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry Ment. Health 2008, 2, doi:10.1186/1753-2000-2-31.
Faraone, S.V.; Buitelaar, J. Comparing the efficacy of stimulants for ADHD in children and adolescents using meta-analysis. Eur. Child Adolesc. Psychiatry 2010, 19, 353-364.
6. Watson, S.M.; Richels, C.; Michalek, A.P.; Raymer, A. Psychosocial treatments for ADHD: A systematic appraisal of the evidence. J. Atten. Disord. 2015, 19, 3-10.
7. Wolraich, M.; Brown, L.; Brown, R.T.; DuPaul, G.; Earls, M.; Feldman, H.M.; Ganiats, T.G.; Kaplanek, B.; Meyer, B.; Perrin, J.; et al. ADHD: Clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents. Pediatrics 2011, 128, 1007-1022.
8. Anastopoulos, A.D.; Shelton, T.L. Standardization of Assessment Procedures for ADHD; Kluwer Academic/Plenum: New York, NY, USA, 2001.
9. Barkley, R.A.; Edwards, G. Diagnostic Interview, Behavior Rating Scales, and the Medical Examination, 2nd ed.; Guilford Press: New York, NY, USA, 1998.
10. Garland, A.F.; Lau, A.S.; Yeh, M.; McCabe, K.M.; Hough, R.L.; Landsverk, J.A. Racial and ethnic differences in utilization of mental health services among high-risk youths. Am. J. Psychiatry 2005, 162, 1336-1343.