1. Alzheimer's Society: Summary of key findings: a report to the Alzheimer's Society on the prevalence and economic cost of dementia in the UK produced by King's College London and London School of Economics. London: Alzheimer's Society 2007, 1-12.
2. Department of Health: NHS Research Development Strategic Review: Ageing and age-associated disease and disability. Report of Topic Working Group 1999.
3. Department of Health: National Service Framework for Older People. 2001http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/publicationsandstatistics/publications/ publicationspolicyandguidance/DH_4003066.
4. National Audit Office: Improving services and support for people with dementia. London: The Stationery Office 2007.
5. Robinson L, Hughes J, Daley S, Keady J, Ballard C: End of life care for people with Dementia. Reviews in Clinical Gerontology 2005, 15(2):135-148.
6. Gott M, Seymour J, Bellamy G, Clark D, Ahmedzai S: Older people's views about home as a place of care at the end of life. Palliative Medicine 2004, 18:460-467.
7. Higginson I, Sen-Gupta G: Place of care in advanced cancer: a qualitative systematic literature review of patient preferences. Jounal of Palliative Medicine 2000, 3:287-300.
8. McCarthy M, Addington-Hall J, Altmann D: The experience of dying with dementia: a retrospective study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 1997, 12:404-409.
9. Bravo G: Assessing the effectiveness of interventions to promote advance directives among older adults: A systematic review and multilevel analysis. Social Science & Medicine 2008, 67:1122-1132.
10. Hanson L, Tulskey J, Danis M: Can clinical interventions change care at the end of life?. Annals of Internal Medicine 1997, 126(5):381-388.
11. Jezewski M, Meeker M, Sessanna L, Finnell D: The effectiveness of interventions to increase Advance Directive Completion Rates. Journal of Aging Health 2007, 19:519-535.
12. Lorenz , et al: Evidence for improving Palliative Care at the End of Life: A systematic Review. Annals of Internal Medicine 2008, 148:147-158.
13. Patel RV, Sinuff T, Cook DJ: Influencing Advance Directive Completion Rates in Non-terminally Ill Patients: A systematic review. Journal of Critical Care 2004, 19(1):1-9.
14. Ramsaroop SD, Reid M, Adelman RD: Completing an Advance Directive in the Primary Care Setting: What do we need for success?. The American Geriatrics Society 2007, 55:277-283.
15. NICE: Dementia: supporting people with Dementia and their carers in health and social care. 2006http://www.nice.org.uk/CG42.