The aim of this study was to investigate the potential of indigenous arsenic-tolerant bacteria to enhance arsenic phytoremediation by the autochthonous pseudometallophyte Betula celtiberica. The first goal was to perform an initial analysis of the entire rhizosphere and... View more
1. Singh R, Singh S, Parihar P, Singh VP, Prasad SM. 2015. Arsenic contamination, consequences and remediation techniques: a review. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 112:247-270. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2014.10.009.
2. Matschullat J. 2000. Arsenic in the geosphere-a review. Sci Total Environ 249:297-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(99)00524-0.
3. Hettick BE, Cañas-Carrell JE, French AD, Klein DM. 2015. Arsenic: a review of the element's toxicity, plant interactions, and potential methods of remediation. J Agric Food Chem 63:7097-7107. https://doi.org/10.1021/ acs.jafc.5b02487.
4. Mandal BK, Suzuki KT. 2002. Arsenic round the world: a review. Talanta 58:201-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0039-9140(02)00268-0.
5. Oremland RS, Stolz JF. 2003. The ecology of arsenic. Science 300:939 -944. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1081903.
7. Weis JS, Weis P. 2004. Metal uptake, transport and release by wetland plants: implications for phytoremediation and restoration. Environ Int 30:685-700. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2003.11.002.
8. Dixit G, Singh AP, Kumar A, Mishra S, Dwivedi S, Kumar S, Trivedi PK, Pandey V, Tripathi RD. 2016. Reduced arsenic accumulation in rice (Oryza sativa L.) shoot involves sulfur mediated improved thiol metabolism, antioxidant system and altered arsenic transporters. Plant Physiol Biochem 99:86 -96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.plaphy.2015.11.005.
9. Ha S-B, Smith AP, Howden R, Dietrich WM, Bugg S, O'Connell MJ, Goldsbrough PB, Cobbett CS. 1999. Phytochelatin synthase genes from Arabidopsis and the yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Plant Cell 11: 1153-1163. https://doi.org/10.1105/tpc.11.6.1153.
10. Wan X, Lei M, Chen T. 2016. Cost-benefit calculation of phytoremediation technology for heavy-metal-contaminated soil. Sci Total Environ 563-564:796 - 802.