International audience; Simulated curves compared to recorded data have provided a breadth of insight into mechanisms and kinetic aspects of charge transfer at the liquid|liquid interface (LLI). This is often performed with software employing finite element methods (FEM... View more
References and recommended reading 1.* Britz D, Strutwolf J: Digital Simulation in Electrochemistry. Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2016.
2. Samec Z: Dynamic electrochemistry at the interface between two immiscible electrolytes. Electrochimica Acta 2012, 84:21-28.
3. Peljo P, Girault HH: Electrochemistry at Liquid/Liquid Interfaces. In Encyclopedia of Analytical Chemistry. Edited by: John Wiley & Sons, Ltd; 2012.
4. Girault H: Electrochemistry at Liquid-Liquid Interfaces. In Electroanalytical Chemistry. Edited by Bard AJ, Zoski CG: CRC Press; 2010:1-104. Electroanalytical Chemistry: A Series of Advances
5. Liu S, Li Q, Shao Y: Electrochemistry at micro- and nanoscopic liquid/liquid interfaces. Chemical Society Reviews 2011, 40:2236-2253.
6.** Arrigan DWM, Herzog G: Theory of electrochemistry at miniaturised interfaces between two immiscible electrolyte solutions. Current Opinion in Electrochemistry 2017, 1:66-72.
7. Amemiya S, Wang Y, Mirkin MV: Chapter 1 Nanoelectrochemistry at the liquid/liquid interfaces. In Electrochemistry: Volume 12. Edited by: The Royal Society of Chemistry; 2014:1-43. vol 12.] 8.* Zanotto FM, Fernández RA, Dassie SA: Theoretical model of ion transfer-electron transfer coupled reactions at the thick-film modified electrodes. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 2017, 784:25-32.
9. Lewenstam A: Non-equilibrium potentiometry-the very essence. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry 2011, 15:15-22.
10. Ishimatsu R, Izadyar A, Kabagambe B, Kim Y, Kim J, Amemiya S: Electrochemical Mechanism of Ion-Ionophore Recognition at Plasticized Polymer Membrane/Water Interfaces. Journal of the American Chemical Society 2011, 133:16300-16308.
11. Garada MB, Kabagambe B, Amemiya S: Extraction or Adsorption? Voltammetric Assessment of Protamine Transfer at Ionophore-Based Polymeric Membranes. Analytical Chemistry 2015, 87:5348-5355.