Subject: Stress | MESH: Kaplan-Meier Estimate | MESH: Male | [SDV.SPEE] Life Sciences [q-bio]/Santé publique et épidémiologie | MESH: London | MESH: Stress, Psychological | MESH: Humans | MESH: Socioeconomic Factors | MESH: Attitude to Health | MESH: Perception | MESH: Prospective Studies | [SDV.SPEE]Life Sciences [q-bio]/Santé publique et épidémiologie | Epidemiology | Clinical Research | Prospective studies | MESH: Middle Aged | MESH: Risk Factors | MESH: Coronary Disease | Coronary heart disease | MESH: Female
International audience; Response to stress can vary greatly between individuals. However, it remains unknown whether perceived impact of stress on health is associated with adverse health outcomes. We examined whether individuals who report that stress adversely affects... View more
1. Selye H. The Physiology and Pathology of Exposure to Stress. Montreal, Canada: Acta, Inc; 1950.
2. Selye H. Stress and the general adaptation syndrome. BMJ 1950;1:1383 - 92.
3. Dimsdale JE. Psychological stress and cardiovascular disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2008; 51:1237 - 46.
4. Rosengren A, Tibblin G, Wilhelmsen L. Self-perceived psychological stress and incidence of coronary artery disease in middle-aged men. Am J Cardiol 1991;68:1171 - 5.
5. Macleod J, Smith GD, Heslop P, Metcalfe C, Carroll D, Hart C. Psychological stress and cardiovascular disease: empirical demonstration of bias in a prospective observational study of Scottish men. BMJ 2002;324:1247.
6. Cohen S, Janicki-Deverts D, Miller GE. Psychological stress and disease. JAMA 2007; 298:1685 - 87.
7. Segerstrom SC, Miller GE. Psychological stress and the human immune system: a meta-analytic study of 30 years of inquiry. Psychol Bull 2004;130:601 - 30.
8. Brotman DJ, Golden SH, Wittstein IS. The cardiovascular toll of stress. Lancet 2007; 370:1089 - 100.
9. Steptoe A, Kivima¨ki M. Stress and cardiovascular disease. Nat Rev Cardiol 2012;9: 360 - 70.
10. Richardson S, Shaffer JA, Falzon L, Krupka D, Davidson KW, Edmondson D. Meta-analysis of perceived stress and its association with incident coronary heart disease. Am J Cardiol 2012;110:1711 - 6.