Subject: Signaling in Cellular Processes | Toxicology | Chemistry | Biotechnology | Cellular Stress Responses | Research Article | Biology | Molecular Cell Biology | Cell Death | Signal Transduction | Cell Growth | Medicine | Q | R | Chemical Biology | Science | Small Molecules
Toxicity is a major cause of failure in drug discovery and development, and whilst robust toxicological testing occurs, efficiency could be improved if compounds with cytotoxic characteristics were identified during primary compound screening. The use of high-content im... View more
1. Paul SM, Mytelka DS, Dunwiddie CT, Persinger CC, Munos BH, et al. (2010) How to improve R&D productivity: the pharmaceutical industry's grand challenge. Nat Rev Drug Discov 9: 203-214.
2. Slater K (2001) Cytotoxicity tests for high-throughput drug discovery. Curr Opin Biotechnol 12: 70-74.
3. Haney SA, LaPan P, Pan J, Zhang J (2006) High-content screening moves to the front of the line. Drug Discov Today 11: 889-894.
4. Korn K, Krausz E (2007) Cell-based high-content screening of small-molecule libraries. Current Opinion in Chemical Biology 11: 503-510.
5. O'Brien PJ, Irwin W, Diaz D, Howard-Cofield E, Krejsa CM, et al. (2006) High concordance of drug-induced human hepatotoxicity with in vitro cytotoxicity measured in a novel cell-based model using high content screening. Arch Toxicol 80: 580-604.
6. Zanella F, Lorens JB, Link W (2010) High content screening: seeing is believing. Trends in Biotechnology 28: 237-245.
7. Persson M, Løye AF, Mow T, Hornberg JJ (2013) A high content screening assay to predict human drug-induced liver injury during drug discovery. Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods 68: 302-313.
8. Moffat J, Grueneberg DA, Yang X, Kim SY, Kloepfer AM, et al. (2006) A Lentiviral RNAi Library for Human and Mouse Genes Applied to an Arrayed Viral High-Content Screen. Cell 124: 1283-1298.
9. Murrison S, Maurya SK, Einzinger C, McKeever-Abbas B, Warriner S, et al. (2011) Synthesis of Skeletally Diverse Alkaloid-Like Small Molecules. European Journal of Organic Chemistry 2011: 2354-2359.
10. O'Leary-Steele C, Pedersen PJ, James T, Lanyon-Hogg T, Leach S, et al. (2010) Synthesis of Small Molecules with High Scaffold Diversity: Exploitation of Metathesis Cascades in Combination with Inter- and Intramolecular DielsAlder Reactions. Chemistry - A European Journal 16: 9563-9571.