Subject: Thematic analysis | Research Article | RA1-1270 | Knowledge exchange | Public health partnership | Qualitative | Public aspects of medicine | Silos | RA
Background\ud Partnerships in public health form an important component of commissioning and implementing services, in England and internationally. In this research, we examine the views of staff involved in a City-wide health improvement programme which ran from 2009 t... View more
1. Graham ID, Logan J, Harrison MB, Straus SE, Tetroe J, Caswell W, Robinson N. Lost in knowledge translation: time for a map? J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2006;26(1):13-24.
2. Ward V, Smith S, House A, Hamer S. Exploring knowledge exchange: a useful framework for practice and policy. Soc Sci Med. 2012;74(3):297-304.
3. Visram S, Goodall D, Steven A. Exploring conceptualizations of knowledge translation, transfer and exchange across public health in one UK region: a qualitative mapping study. Public Health. 2014;128(6):497-503.
4. Mitchell P, Pirkis J, Hall J, Haas M. Partnerships for knowledge exchange in health services research, policy and practice. J Health Serv Res Policy. 2009; 14(2):104-11.
5. Taylor-Robinson DC, Lloyd-Williams F, Orton L, Moonan M, O'Flaherty M, Capewell S. Barriers to partnership working in public health: a qualitative study. PLoS One. 2012;7(1):e29536.
6. DoH GB. Equity and excellence: liberating the NHS. White paper available, 2010. 2015. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/ attachment_data/file/213823/dh_117794.pdf.
7. Glasgow RE, Vogt TM, Boles SM. Evaluating the public health impact of health promotion interventions: the RE-AIM framework. Am J Public Health. 1999;89(9):1322-7.
8. Creswell JW. Research design: qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches. Thousand Oaks: Sage publications; 2013.
9. Ziebland S, McPherson A. Making sense of qualitative data analysis: an introduction with illustrations from DIPEx (personal experiences of health and illness). Med Educ. 2006;40(5):405-14.
10. Solomon RC, Flores F. Building trust: In business, politics, relationships, and life. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2003.