Subject: Medicine (miscellaneous) | Biocompatibility | Scaffold | Pharmaceutical Science | Biomedical Engineering | Polycaprolactone | FTIR | Molecular Medicine | Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology | Research | Heart | Bioengineering
After a cardiac event, proper treatment and care of the damaged tissue is crucial in restoring optimal cardiac function and preventing future cardiac events. Recently, thymosin β4 has been found to play a vital role in cardiac cell health and development by regulating a... View more
1. Xu J, Carratero OA, Zhu L, Shesely EG, Rhaleb N-E, Dai X, Wang L, Yang JJ, Yang X-P: Protective role of AT2 and B1 receptors in kinin B2-receptorknockout mice with myocardial infarction. Clin Sci (Lond) 2013, 124:87-96.
2. Sinner MF, Greiner MA, Mi X, Hernandez AF, Jensen PN, Piccini JP, Setoguchi S, Walkey AJ, Heckbert SR, Benjamin EJ, Curtis LH: Completion of guidelinerecommended initial evaluation of atrial fibrillation. Clin Cardio 2012, 35:585-593.
3. Protti A, Dong X, Sirker A, Botnar R, Shah AM: MRI-based prediction of adverse cardiac remodeling after murine myocardial infarction. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2012, 303:H309-H314.
4. Dong H, Mosca H, Gao E, Akins RE, Gidding SS, Tsuda T: Integrated wall stress: a new methodological approach to assess ventricular workload and myocardial contractile reserve. J Transl Med 2013, 11:183.
5. Marquette IB, Saxena A, White MD, DiMalo JM, Srivastava D: Thymosin B4 activates intergrin-linked kinase and promotes cardiac cell migration, survival, and cardiac repair. Nature 2004, 432:466-472.
6. Segers VFM, Lee RT: Stem-cell therapy for cardiac disease. Nature 2008, 451:937-942.
7. Yoshimoto H, Shin YM, Teraia H, Vacanti JP: A biodegradable nanofiber scaffold by electrospinning and its potential for bone tissue engineering. Biomaterials 2003, 24:2077-2082.
8. Gajzer DC, Balbin J, Chaudhry HW: Thymosin β4 and cardiac regeneration: are we missing a beat? Stem Cell Rev 2012, 9:303-312.
9. Smart N, Bollini S, Dubé KN, Vieira JM, Zhou B, Riegler J, Price AN, Lythgoe MF, Davidson S, Yellon D, Pu WT, Riley PR: Myocardial regeneration: expanding the repertoire of thymosin β4 in the ischemic heart. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2012, 1269:92-101.
10. Hinkel R, El-Aouni C, Olson T, Horstkotte J, Mayer S, Müller S, Willhauck M, Spitzweg C, Gildehaus FJ, Münzing W, Hannappel E, Bock-Marquette I, DiMaio JM, Hatzopoulos AK, Boekstegers P, Kupatt C: Thymosin β4 is an essential paracrine factor of embryonic endothelial progenitor cellmediated cardioprotection. Circulation 2008, 117:2232-2240.
After a cardiac event, proper treatment and care of the damaged tissue is crucial in restoring optimal cardiac function and preventing future cardiac events. Recently, thymosin β4 has been found to play a vital role in cardiac cell health and development by regulating a...
Thymosin β4 coated nanofiber scaffolds for the repair of damaged cardiac tissue