Subject: Genomic Medicine | Human Genetics | Research Article | Research Design | Variant genotypes | Clinical Medicine | Evolutionary Biology | Genetics | Pharmacology | Drug metabolism | Genomics | Liver Diseases | Alleles | Linkage disequilibrium | Population Genetics | Biology and Life Sciences | Drug therapy | Gastroenterology and Hepatology | Adverse Reactions | Research and Analysis Methods | Clinical Research Design | Medicine | Bile | Personalized Medicine | Q | Haplotypes | R | Genetic Testing | Clinical Genetics | Science | Cohort Studies | Bilirubin | Clinical Pharmacology | Genetic Association Studies | Medicine and Health Sciences | Genetic Polymorphism | Pharmacogenetics
[Background and Aims]
Flawed ABC transporter functions may contribute to increased risk of drug-induced liver injury (DILI). We aimed to analyse the influence of genetic variations in ABC transporters on the risk of DILI development and clinical presentations in a l... View more
1. Andrade RJ, Robles M, Ulzurrun E, Lucena MI (2009) Drug-induced liver injury: insights from genetic studies. Pharmacogenomics 10: 1467-1487.
2. Morgan RE, Trauner M, van Staden CJ, Lee PH, Ramahandran B, et al. (2010) Interference with bile salt export pump function is a susceptibility factor for human liver injury in drug development. Toxicol Sci 118: 485-500.
3. Ulzurrun E, Stephens C, Crespo E, Ruiz-Cabello F, Ruiz-Nun˜ez J, et al. (2013) Role of chemical structures and the 1331T.C bile salt export pump polymorphism in idiosyncratic drug-induced liver injury. Liver Int 33: 1378- 1385.
4. Bodor M, Kelly EJ, Ho RJ (2005) Characterization of the human MDR1 gene. AAPS J 7: E1-E5.
5. Wu CP, Hsieh CH, Wu YS (2011) The emergence of drug transporter-mediated multidrug resistance to cancer chemotherapy. Mol Pharm 8: 1996-2011.
6. Haas DW, Bartlett JA, Andersen JW, Sanne I, Wilkinson GR, et al. (2006) Pharmacogenetics of nevirapine-associated hepatotoxicity: an adult AIDS clinical trials group collaboration. Clin Infect Dis 43: 783-786.
7. Ritchie MD, Haas DW, Motsinger AA, Donahue JP, Erdem H, et al. (2006) Drug transporter and metabolizing enzyme gene variants and nonnucleoside reverse-transcriptase inhibitor hepatotoxicity. Clin Infect Dis 43: 779-782.
8. Ciccacci C, Borgiani P, Ceffa S, Sirianni E, Marazzi MC, et al. (2010) Nevirapine-induced hepatotoxicity and pharmacogenetics: a retrospective study in a population from Mozambique. Pharmacogenomics 11: 23-31.
9. Kamisako T, Gabazza EC, Ishihara T, Adachi Y (1999) Molecular aspects of organic compound transport across the plasma membrane of hepatocytes. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14: 405-412.
10. Takikawa H (2002) Hepatobiliary transport of bile acids and organic anions. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9: 443-447.