Subject: gravitational wellness system | weight training | rate of injuries | Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine | Original Research | descriptive study | Sports medicine | RC1200-1245
David T Burke,1 Regina Bell,1 Samir Al-Adawi,2 Ariel Alexandroni,1 Atsu Dorvlo,3 Daniel P Burke4 1Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Emory University, GA, USA; 2Department of Behavioral Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, 3Department of Mathema... View more
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Obesity and overweight. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight. htm. Accessed June 9, 2014.
2. Sharma M. Behavioural interventions for preventing and treating obesity in adults. Obes Rev. 2007;8(5):441-449.
3. Warburton DE, Nicol CW, Bredin SS. Health benetfis of physical activ - ity: the evidence. CMAJ. 2006;174(6):801-809.
4. Hellénius ML, Sundberg CJ. Physical activity as medicine: time to translate evidence into clinical practice. Br J Sports Med. 2011;45(3):158.
5. Sallis RE. Exercise is medicine and physicians need to prescribe it! Br J Sports Med. 2009;43(1):3-4.
6. Pollock ML, Franklin BA, Balady GJ, et al. AHA Science Advisory. Resistance exercise in individuals with and without cardiovascular disease: benefits, rationale, safety, and prescription: an advisory from the Committee on Exercise, Rehabilitation, and Prevention, Council on Clinical Cardiology, American Heart Association; position paper endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine. Circulation. 2000;101(7):828-833.
7. Kerr ZY, Collins CL, Comstock RD. Epidemiology of weight trainingrelated injuries presenting to United States emergency departments, 1990 to 2007. Am J Sports Med. 2010;38(4):765-771.
8. Jones CS, Christensen C, Young M. Weight training injury trends: a 20-year survey. Phys Sportsmed. 2000;28(7):61-72.
9. Kraemer WJ. General adaptations to resistance and endurance training programs. In: Baechle T, editor. Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning. Champaign (IL): Human Kinetics; 1994:127-150.