International audience; Since approximately 20 years most malignant lymphomas are classified by the recognition of clinico-pathologic entities, each with its own combination of clinical, morphologic, immunophenotypic and molecular genetic characteristics. Obviously, in ... View more
1. WHO Classification of Tumours of Haematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues. 4th ed. Lyon: International Agency for Research on Cancer; 2008.
2. Nowell PC, Hungerford DA. Chromosome studies on normal and leukemic human leukocytes. J. Natl. Canc. Inst. 1960 Jul;25:85-109.
3. Jacobs PA, Tough IM, Wright DH. Cytogenetic studies in Burkitt's lymphoma. Lancet 1963 Nov 30;2(7318):1144-1146.
4. Siebert R. Mature B- and T-cell Neoplasms and Hodgkin Lymphoma. In Heim S, Mitelman F, eds. Cancer Cytogenetics. third ed. Wiley-Blackwell; 2009. 297-374. F o
5. Barrans S, Crouch S, Smith A, et al. Rearrangement of MYC is associated with poor prognosis in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated in the era of rituximab. J. Clin. Orncol. 2010 Jul 10;28(20):3360-3365.
6. Carbone A, Gloghini A, PAiello A, Testi A, Cabras A. B-cell lymphomas with features intermediate between distinct pathologic entities. From pathogenesis to pathology. Hum. Pathol. 2010 May;41(e5):621-631.
7. Johnson NA, Savage KJ, Ludkoevski O, et al. Lymphomas with concurrent BCL2 and MYC translocations: the critical farctors associated with survival. Blood 2009 Sep 10;114(11):2273-2279.
10. Le Gouill S, Talmant P, Touzeau C, et al. The clinical presentation and prognosis of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with t(14;18) and 8q24/c-MYC rearrangement. Haematologica 2007 Oct;92(10):1335-1342.
11. Ventura RA, Martin-Subero JI, Jones M, et al. FISH analysis for the detection of lymphoma-associated chromosomal abnormalities in routine paraffin-embedded tissue. J. Mol. Diagn. 2006 May;8(2):141-151.
12. Haralambieva E, Kleiverda K, Mason DY, Schuuring E, Kluin PM. Detection of three common translocation breakpoints in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas by fluorescence in situ hybridization on routine paraffin-embedded tissue sections. J. Pathol. 2002 Oct;198(2):163-170.