Many genes are regulated as an innate part of the eukaryotic cell cycle, and a complex transcriptional network helps enable the cyclic behavior of dividing cells. This transcriptional network has been studied in Saccharomyces cerevisiae (budding yeast) and elsewhere. To... View more
1. Nurse P, Thuriaux P, Nasmyth K (1976) Genetic control of the cell division cycle in the fission yeast Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Gen Genet 146: 167- 178.
2. Culotti J, Hartwell LH (1971) Genetic control of the cell division cycle in yeast. 3. Seven genes controlling nuclear division. Exp Cell Res 67: 389-401.
3. Hartwell LH, Culotti J, Reid B (1970) Genetic control of the cell-division cycle in yeast. I. Detection of mutants. Proc Nat Acad Sci U S A 66: 352-359.
4. Hartwell LH (1971) Genetic control of the cell division cycle in yeast. II. Genes controlling DNA replication and its initiation. J Mol Biol 59: 183- 194.
5. Hartwell LH (1971) Genetic control of the cell division cycle in yeast. IV. Genes controlling bud emergence and cytokinesis. Exp Cell Res 69: 265- 276.
6. Spellman PT, Sherlock G, Zhang MQ, Iyer VR, Anders K, et al. (1998) Comprehensive identification of cell cycle-regulated genes of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae by microarray hybridization. Mol Biol Cell 9: 3273- 3297.
7. Rustici G, Mata J, Kivinen K, Lio P, Penkett CJ, et al. (2004) Periodic gene expression program of the fission yeast cell cycle. Nat Genet 36: 809-817.
8. Peng X, Karuturi RK, Miller LD, Lin K, Jia Y, et al. (2005) Identification of cell cycle-regulated genes in fission yeast. Mol Biol Cell 16: 1026-1042.
9. Harris P, Kersey PJ, McInerny CJ, Fantes PA (1996) Cell cycle, DNA damage and heat shock regulate suc22þ expression in fission yeast. Mol Gen Genet 252: 284-291.
10. Eisen MB, Spellman PT, Brown PO, Botstein D (1998) Cluster analysis and display of genome-wide expression patterns. Proc Nat Acad Sci U S A 95: 14863-14868.