Background Anogenital warts (AGWs) are a common, highly infectious disease caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV), whose high recurrence rates contribute to direct medical costs, productivity loss and increased psychosocial impact. Because of the lack of a systematic ... View more
1. Gross G, Pfister H: Role of human papillomavirus in penile cancer, penile intraepithelial squamous cell neoplasias and in genital warts. Med Microbiol Immunol (Berl) 2004, 193:35-44.
2. Insinga RP, Dasbach EJ, Myers ER: The health and economic burden of genital warts in a set of private health plans in the United States. Clin Infect Dis 2003, 36:1397-1403.
3. Castellsague X, Ghaffari A, Daniel RW, Bosch FX, Munoz N, Shah KV: Prevalence of penile human papillomavirus DNA in husbands of women with and without cervical neoplasia: a study in Spain and Colombia. J Infect Dis 1997, 176:353-361.
4. Tay EH, Garland S, Tang G, Nolan T, Huang LM, Orloski L, Lu S, Barr E: Clinical trial experience with prophylactic HPV 6/11/16/18 VLP vaccine in young women from the Asia-Pacific region. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2008, 102:275-283.
5. Giuliano AR, Tortolero-Luna G, Ferrer E, Burchell AN, de Sanjose S, Kjaer SK, Munoz N, Schiffman M, Bosch FX: Epidemiology of human papillomavirus infection in men, cancers other than cervical and benign conditions. Vaccine 2008, 26(Suppl 10):K17-K28.
6. Lacey CJ, Lowndes CM, Shah KV: Chapter 4: Burden and management of non-cancerous HPV-related conditions: HPV-6/11 disease. Vaccine 2006, 24(Suppl 3):35-41.
7. Arima Y, Winer RL, Feng Q, Hughes JP, Lee SK, Stern ME, O'Reilly SF, Koutsky LA: Development of genital warts after incident detection of human papillomavirus infection in young men. J Infect Dis 2010, 202:1181-1184.
8. Anic GM, Lee JH, Stockwell H, Rollison DE, Wu Y, Papenfuss MR, Villa LL, Lazcano-Ponce E, Gage C, Silva RJ, Baggio ML, Quiterio M, Salmeron J, Abrahamsen M, Giuliano AR: Incidence and human papillomavirus (HPV) type distribution of genital warts in a multinational cohort of men: The HPV in men study. J Infect Dis 2011, 204:1886-1892.
9. Garland SM, Steben M, Sings HL, James M, Lu S, Railkar R, Barr E, Haupt RM, Joura EA: Natural history of genital warts: analysis of the placebo arm of 2 randomized phase III trials of a quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) vaccine. J Infect Dis 2009, 199:805-814.
10. Graziottin A, Serafini A: HPV infection in women: psychosexual impact of genital warts and intraepithelial lesions. J Sex Med 2009, 6:633-645.