The integration of implants or medical devices into the body tissues requires of good cell–material interactions. However, most polymeric materials used for these applications lack on biological cues, which enhanced mid- and long-term implant fa... View more
1. Frazer RQ, Byron RT, Osborne PB et al. PMMA: an essential material in medicine and dentistry. J Long Term Eff Med Implants 2005;15:629-39.
2. Breusch SJ, Ku¨ hn KD. Knochenzemente auf basis von polymethylmethacrylat. Orthopade 2003;32:41-50.
3. Wang B, Lin Q, Shen C et al. Hydrophobic modification of polymethyl methacrylate as intraocular lenses material to improve the cytocompatibility. J Colloid Interface Sci 2014;431:1-7.
4. Yu BS, Yang ZK, Li ZM et al. Which is the preferred revision technique for loosened iliac screw? A novel technique of boring cement injection from the outer cortical shell. J Spinal Disord Tech 2011;24:E49-56.
5. Jaberi J, Gambrell K, Tiwana P et al. Long-term clinical outcome analysis of poly-methyl-methacrylate cranioplasty for large skull defects. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2013;71:E81-8.
6. Sawakami K, Yamazaki A, Ishikawa S et al. Polymethylmethacrylate augmentation of pedicle screws increases the initial fixation in osteoporotic spine patients. J Spinal Disord Tech 2012;25:E28-35.
7. Lemperle G, Ott H, Charrier U et al. PMMA microspheres for intradermal implantation: Part I. Animal research. Ann Plast Surg 1991;26:57-63.
8. Goodger NM, Wang J, Smagalski GW et al. Methylmethacrylate as a space maintainer in mandibular reconstruction. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2005;63:1048-51.