Subject: Nephrology | Research Article | ANCA | Pauci-immune glomerulonephritis | Histopathological classes | Outcome
Background The recently suggested distinct pathogenic pathways for myeloperoxidase (MPO) and proteinase 3 (PR3) anti-neutrophilic cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA) associated vasculitis could result in different modes of presentation and outcome. Moreover, kidney outcome wa... View more
1. Booth AD, Almond MK, Burns A, Ellis P, Gaskin G, Neild GH, et al. Outcome of ANCA-associated renal vasculitis: a 5-year retrospective study. Am J Kidney Dis. 2003;41(4):776-84.
2. Westman KW, Selga D, Isberg PE, Bladström A, Olsson H. High proteinase 3-anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) level measured by the capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay method is associated with decreased patient survival in ANCA-associated vasculitis with renal involvement. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14(11):2926-33.
3. Flossmann O, Berden A, de Groot K, Hagen C, Harper L, Heijl C, et al. Long-term patient survival in ANCA-associated vasculitis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2011;70(3):488-94.
4. Franssen CF, Gans RO, Arends B, Hageluken C, ter Wee PM, Gerlag PG, et al. Differences between anti-myeloperoxidase- and anti-proteinase 3-associated renal disease. Kidney Int. 1995;47(1):193-9.
6. Fatma LB, El Ati Z, Lamia R, Aich DB, Madiha K, Wided S, et al. Alveolar hemorrhage and kidney disease: characteristics and therapy. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2013;24(4):743-50.
7. Hruskova Z, Casian AL, Konopasek P, Svobodova B, Frausova D, Lanska V, et al. Long-term outcome of severe alveolar haemorrhage in ANCA-associated vasculitis: a retrospective cohort study. Scand J Rheumatol. 2013;42(3):211-4.
8. Lee T, Gasim A, Derebail VK, Chung Y, McGregor JG, Lionaki S, et al. Predictors of treatment outcomes in ANCA-associated vasculitis with severe kidney failure. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014;9(5):905-13.
9. de Joode AAE, Sanders JSF, Stegeman CA. Renal Survival in Proteinase 3 and Myeloperoxidase ANCA-Associated Systemic Vasculitis. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013;8:1709-17.
10. Millet A, Pederzoli-Ribeil M, Guillevin L, Witko-Sarsat V, Mouthon L. Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitides: is it time to split up the group? Ann Rheum Dis. 2013;72(8):1273-9.