Subject: consumption context | Nutrition. Foods and food supply | Original Article | whole-grain bread | Public health nutrition; consumer science | Public health, whole grain bread, consumption context, rye bread | TX341-641 | public health
mesheuropmc: food and beverages | digestive, oral, and skin physiology
Background: Bread types with high contents of whole grains and rye are associated with beneficial health effects. Consumer characteristics of different bread consumption patterns are however not well known.Objective: To compare bread consumption patterns among Swedish a... View more
1. Cust AE, Skilton MR, van Bakel MME, Halkjaer J, Olsen A, Agnoli C, et al. Total dietary carbohydrate, sugar, starch and fiber intakes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition. Eur J Clin Nutr 2009; 63(Suppl 4): 37 60.
2. Kyrø C, Skeie G, Dragsted LO, Christensen J, Overvad K, Hallmans G, et al. Intake of whole grain in Scandinavia: intake, sources and compliance with new national recommendations. Scand J Public Health 2012; 40: 76 84.
3. Frølich W, A˚ man P, Tetens I. Whole grain foods and health a Scandinavian perspective. Food Nutr Res 2013; 57: 1 7.
4. Nordiska ministerra˚det (2014). Nordic nutrition recommendations 2012: integrating nutrition and physical activity. Copenhagen: Nordic Council of Ministers.
5. Amcoff E, Edberg A, Enghardt Barbieri H, Lindroos AK, Na¨lsen C, Pearson M, et al. Riksmaten 2010 11, Food and nutrient intake among adults in Sweden (in Swedish) Report. Uppsala: Swedish National Food Agency; 2012.
6. Lang R, Jebb SA. Who consumes whole grains, and how much? P Nutr Soc 2003; 62: 123 7.
7. Slavin J. Whole grains and human health. Nutr Res Rev 2004; 17: 99 110.
8. Ye EQ, Chacko SA, Chou EL, Kugizaki M, Liu S. Greater whole-grain intake is associated with lower risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and weight gain. J Nutr 2012; 142: 1304 13.
9. Aune D, Chan DS, Lau R, Vieira R, Greenwood DC, Kampman E, et al. Dietary fiber, whole grains, and risk of colorectal cancer: systematic review and dose-response metaanalysis of prospective studies. BMJ 2011; 343: d6617.
10. Becker W, Busk L, Mattisson I, Sand S. Advice about whole grain 2009 background and scientific basis (in Swedish) Report 10. Uppsala: Swedish National Food Agency; 2012.