textabstractBackground: CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that has gained widespread recognition, with 11,000 affiliated gyms worldwide. The incidence of injuries during CrossFit training is poorly analyzed. Purpose: To investigate the incidence of injurie... View more
1. Berger R. “Injury rate and patterns among CrossFit athletes,” Dr. Brian Giordano. Available at: http://therussells.crossfit.com/2014/06/07/injuryrate-and-patterns-among-crossfit-athletes-dr-brian-giordano/. Accessed June 1, 2015.
2. Berger R. “The nature and prevalence of injury during CrossFit training,” Dr. Paul Hak, part one. Available at: http://therussells .crossfit.com/2014/07/03/the-nature-and-prevalence-of-injuryduring-crossfit-training/. Accessed June 1, 2015.
3. Berger R. “The nature and prevalence of injury during CrossFit training,” Dr. Paul Hak, part two. Available at: http://therussells .crossfit.com/2014/07/10/the-nature-and-prevalence-of-injuryduring-crossfit-training-dr-paul-hak-part-two/. Accessed June 1, 2015.
4. Berger R. Response letter from Dr. Brian Giordano. Available at: http://therussells.crossfit.com/2014/06/12/response-letter-from-drbrian-giordano/. Accessed June 1, 2015.
5. Bergeron MF, Nindl BC, Deuster PA, et al. Consortium for Health and Military Performance and American College of Sports Medicine consensus paper on extreme conditioning programs in military personnel. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2011;10(6):383-389.
6. Caine DJ, Nassar L. Gymnastics injuries. Med Sport Sci. 2005;48:18-58.
7. Calhoon G, Fry AC. Injury rates and profiles of elite competitive weightlifters. J Athl Train. 1999;34(3):232-238.
8. CrossFit Inc. How to affiliate. Available at: https://affiliate.crossfit .com/how-to-affiliate. Accessed February 3, 2016.
9. Eather N, Morgan PJ, Lubans DR. Improving health-related fitness in adolescents: the CrossFit Teens randomised controlled trial. J Sports Sci. 2016;34(3):209-223.
10. Fuller CW, Ekstrand J, Junge A, et al. Consensus statement on injury definitions and data collection procedures in studies of football (soccer) injuries. Clin J Sport Med. 2006;16(2):97-106.