Subject: R855-855.5 | Evidence and Research [Medical Devices] | Medical technology
mesheuropmc: equipment and supplies | surgical procedures, operative | urologic and male genital diseases | cardiovascular diseases
Patrick McKenzie1, Gopal Badlani11Department of Urology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem NC, USAAbstract: The Spanner&trade; stent was first used in patients to relieve bladder outlet obstruction (BOO), and has recently been used in patients... View more
1. Sonke GS, Kolman D, de la Rosette JJ, et al. Prevalence of lower urinary tract symptoms in men and its inuflence on their quality of life: Boxmeer Study. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2000;144:2558.
2. Jacobsen SJ, Girman CJ, Lieber MM. Natural history of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Urology. 2001;58:5.
3. Mebust WK, Holtgrewe HL, Cockett AT, et al. Transurethral prostatectomy: immediate and postoperative complications. Cooperative study of 13 participating institutions evaluating 3,885 patients. J Urol. 141: 243-247, 1989. J Urol. 167: 5, 2002.
4. Kapoor R, Lai RS, Liatsikos EN, et al. Do prostatic stents solve the problem of retention after transurethral microwave thermotherapy? J Endourol. 2000;14:683.
5. Ogiste JS, Cooper K, Kaplan SA. Are stents still a useful therapy for benign prostatic hyperplasia? Curr Opin Urol. 2003;13:51.
6. Fabian KM. The intra-prostatic “partial catheter” (urological spiral). Urologe A. 1980;19:236.
7. Badlani GH, Press SM, Defalco A, et al. Urolume endourethral prosthesis for the treatment of urethral stricture disease: long-term results of the North American Multicenter UroLume Trial. Urology. 1995;45:846.
8. Juma S, Niku SD, Brodak PP, et al. Urolume urethral wallstent in the treatment of detrusor sphincter dyssynergia. Paraplegia. 1994;32:616.
9. Oesterling JE, Kaplan SA, Epstein HB, et al. The North American experience with the UroLume endoprosthesis as a treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia: long-term results. The North American UroLume Study Group. Urology. 1994;44:353.
10. Vanderbrink BA, Rastinehad AR, Badlani GH. Prostatic stents for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Curr Opin Urol. 2007;17:1.