Subject: digital immigrants | business informatics | HF5001-6182 | digital natives; digital immigrants; information technology education; education improvement; business informatics | Business | digital natives | education improvement | I23 | information technology education
Background: The term digital natives refer to those born since the 1980s and have been growing up surrounded by technology. On the other hand, digital immigrants are born before 1980s and learned how to use technology later in life. Objectives: Goal of the paper is to e... View more
2. Bosilj Vukšić, V., Pejić Bach, M., & Ćurko, K. (1999) “Obstacles in Teaching Informatics: The Case Study of Faculty of Economics-Zagreb”, International Conference on Information and Intelligent Systems' 99. Available at CD Proceedings.
3. Boukacem-Zeghmouri, C., Schöpfel, J. (2013), „Beyond the Google generation: towards community-specific usage patterns of scientific information“, Baker, D., Evans, W., Trends, Discovery, and People in the Digital Age, Chandos Publishing, Oxford, pp. 137-151.
4. Gunter, B., Rowlands, I., Nicholas, D. (2009) “Google Generation': what is the evidence?”, Chandos Information Professional Series, Gunter, B., Rowlands, I., Nicholas, D., Chandos Publishing, Oxford, pp. 65-92.
5. Guo, R. X., Dobson, T., Petrina, S. (2008), “Digital natives, digital immigrants: an analysis of age and ICT competency in teacher education”, Journal of Educational Computing Research, Vol. 38 No.3, pp. 235-254.
6. Helsper, E., Eynon, R. (2010), “Digital natives: where is the evidence?”, British Educational Research Journal, Vol. 36 No. 3, pp. 503-520.
7. Joiner, R., Gavin, J., Brosnan, M., Cromby, J., Gregory, H., Guiller, J., Maras, P., Moon, A. (2013), “Comparing first and second generation digital natives' Internet use, Internet anxiety, and Internet identification”, Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking, Vol. 16 No. 7, pp. 549-552.
8. Jones, C., Ramanau, R., Cross, S., Healing, G. (2010), “Net generation or Digital Natives: Is there a distinct new generation entering university?”, Computers & Education, Vol. 54 No. 3, pp. 722-732.
9. Kardum, G., Knežević, B., Pejić-Bach, M., & Spremić, M. (2000), “Informatički alati u poslovanju”, Zagreb: mikrorad.
10. Knežević, B., Pejić-Bach, M., Spremić, M., Vlahović, N., & Jaković, B. (2006), “Priručnik za vježbe iz informatike 2006./2007”, Zagreb: Zagreb: mikrorad.