Subject: Hydrology | Natural hazards | Data Descriptor
Drought in South Asia affect food and water security and pose challenges for millions of people. For policy-making, planning, and management of water resources at sub-basin or administrative levels, high-resolution datasets of precipitation and air temperature are requi... View more
1. Bhat, G. S. The Indian drought of 2002-a sub-seasonal phenomenon? Q. J. R. Meteorol. Soc 132, 2583-2602 (2006).
2. Mishra, V., Aadhar, S., Asoka, A., Pai, S. & Kumar, R. On the frequency of the 2015 monsoon season drought in the Indo-Gangetic Plain. Geophys. Res. Lett. 43, 12,102-12,112 (2016).
3. Ahmad, S., Hussain, Z., Qureshi, A. S., Majeed, R. & Saleem, M.. Drought Mitigation in Pakistan : Current Status and Options for Future Strategies. International Water Management Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka., 2004).
4. Tariq, S. Integrated drought management in South Asia-a regional proposal. Available at https://www.slideshare.net/globalwaterpartnership/integrated-drought-management-in-south-asiaa-regional-proposal-by. (2012)
5. Dey, N. et al. Assessing Environmental and Health Impact of Drought in the Northwest Bangladesh. J. Environ. Sci. Nat. Resour 4, 89-97 (2011).
6. Thenkabail, P. S., Gamage, M. S. D. N. & Smakhtin, V. U. The use of remote sensing data for drought assessment and monitoring in southwest Asia. (International Water Management Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka., 2004).
7. Global Water Partnership. Summary Report of the Need Assessment Survey on the Development of a South Asian Drought Monitoring System. GWP http://www.droughtmanagement.info/literature/GWP_SA_Summary_Report_Need_Assessment_ Survey_2014.pdf (2014).
8. Shah, R. D. & Mishra, V. Development of an Experimental Near-Real-Time Drought Monitor for India. J. Hydrometeorol. 16, 327-345 (2015).
9. Takeuchi, W. et al. Near-real time meteorological drought monitoring and early warning system for croplands in asia. Asian Conference on Remote Sensing 2015: Fostering Resilient Growth in Asia 1, 171-178 (2015).
10. Hao, Z. et al. Global integrated drought monitoring and prediction system. Sci. Data 1:140001 doi:10.1038/sdata.2014.1 (2014).