mesheuropmc: food and beverages | animal structures | complex mixtures | macromolecular substances | digestive, oral, and skin physiology
The effects of Celluclast 1.5L concentration on the physicochemical characterization of gold kiwifruit pectin was evaluated. Varying the enzyme concentration affected the pectin yield and pectin physicochemical properties. The viscosity of extracted pectin was largely d... View more
Panouille, M.; Thibault, J.F.; Bonnin, E. Cellulase and protease preparations can extract pectins from various plant by-products. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2006, 54, 8926-8935.
Karlsson, J.; Momcilovic, D.; Wittgren, B.; Schulein, M.; Tjerneld, F.; Brinkmalm, G. Enzymatic degradation of carboxymethyl cellulose hydrolyzed by the endoglucanases Cel5A, Cel7B, and Cel45A from Humicola insolens and Cel7B, Cel12A and Cel45Acore from Trichoderma reesei.
Biopolymers 2002, 63, 32-40.
BeMiller, J.N.; Whistler, R.L. Carbohydrates. In Food Chemistry; Fennema, O.R., Ed.; Marcel Dekker: New York, NY, USA, 1996; pp. 157-223.
4. Yuliarti, O.; Goh, K.; Matia-Merino, L.; Mawson, J.; Drummond, L.; Brennan, C.S. Effect of extraction techniques and conditions on the physicochemical properties of the water soluble polysaccharides from gold kiwifruit (Actinidia chinensis). Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2008, 43, 2268-2277.
5. Yuliarti, O.; Matia-Merino, L.; Goh, K.T.; Mawson, J.; Brennan, C.S. Characterisation of gold kiwifruit pectin isolated by enzymatic treatment. Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2011, submitted for publication.
6. Li, J.W.; Ding, S.D.; Ding, X.L. Optimization of the ultrasonically assisted extraction of polysaccharides from Zizyphus jujuba cv. Jinsixiaozao. J. Food Eng. 2007, 80, 176-183.
7. Faravash, R.S.; Ashtiani, F.Z. The effect of pH, ethanol volume and acid washing time on the yield of pectin extraction from peach pomace. Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2007, 42, 1177-1187.
8. Ptitchkina, N.M.; Markina, O.A.; Runlyantseva, G.N. Pectin extraction from pumpkin with the aid of microbial enzymes. Food Hydrocoll. 2008, 22, 192-195.
9. Englyst, H.N.; Quigley, M.E.; Hudson, G.J. Determination of dietary fiber as non-starch polysaccharides with gas-liquid-chromatographic, high-performance liquid-chromatographic or spectrophotometric measurement of constituent sugars. Analyst 1994, 119, 1497-1509.