Abstract In May 2010, 192 Member States endorsed Resolution WHA63.14 to restrict the marketing of food and non-alcoholic beverage products high in saturated fats, trans fatty acids, free sugars and/or salt to children and adolescents globally. We examined the actions ta... View more
1. Resolution WHA63.14. Marketing of food and non-alcoholic beverages to children. In: Sixty-third World Health Assembly, Geneva, 21 May 2010. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2010. Available from: http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/ pdf_files/WHA63/A63_R14-en.pdf [cited 2016 Feb 20].
2. Global nutrition report 2015: actions and accountability to advance nutrition and sustainable development. Washington: International Food Policy Research Institute; 2015. Available from: http://ebrary.ifpri.org/utils/getfile/collection/ p15738coll2/id/129443/filename/129654.pdf [cited 2016 Feb 20].
3. Wang Y, Lobstein T. Worldwide trends in childhood overweight and obesity. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2006;1(1):11-25. doi: http://dx.doi. org/10.1080/17477160600586747 PMID: 17902211
4. World Obesity Day. Global graphs and maps. London: World Obesity Federation; 2015. Available from: http://www.worldobesity.org/site_media/uploads/ WOD_slides_-_embargoed_until_11Oct15.pdf [cited 2016 Feb 20].
5. Lobstein T, Jackson-Leach R, Moodie ML, Hall KD, Gortmaker SL, Swinburn BA, et al. Child and adolescent obesity: part of a bigger picture. Lancet. 2015 Jun 20;385(9986):2510-20. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(14)61746-3 PMID: 25703114
6. Hastings G, Stead M, McDermott L, Forsyth A, MacKintosh AM, Rayner M, et al. Review of research on the effects of food promotion to children. Final report. Glasgow: Centre for Social Marketing; 2003. Available from: http://tna. europarchive.org/20110116113217/http:/www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/ foodpromotiontochildren1.pdf [cited 2016 Feb 20].
7. Hastings G, McDermott L, Angus K, Stead M, Thomson S. The extent, nature and effects of food promotion to children: a review of the evidence [Technical paper prepared for the World Health Organization]. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2006.
8. McGinnis JM, Gootman JA, Kraak VI, editors. Food marketing to children and youth: threat or opportunity? Washington: National Academies Press; 2006.
9. Cairns G, Angus K, Hastings G. The extent, nature and effects of food promotion to children: a review of the evidence to December 2008. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2009.
10. Cairns G, Angus K, Hastings G, Caraher M. Systematic reviews of the evidence on the nature, extent and effects of food marketing to children. A retrospective summary. Appetite. 2013 Mar;62:209-15. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j. appet.2012.04.017 PMID: 22561190