mesheuropmc: health care economics and organizations
Background: Drug repurposing is a group of development strategies employed in order to overcome some of the hurdles innate to drug research and development. Drug repurposing includes drug repositioning, reformulation and combination. Objective: This study aimed to ident... View more
1. Murteira S, Ghezaiel Z, Karray S, Lamure M. Drug reformulations and repositioning in pharmaceutical industry and its impact on market access: Reassessment of nomenclature. JMAHP 2013;1:1.
2. Smith RB. Repositioned drugs: Integrating intellectual property and regulatory strategies. Drug Discov Today Ther Strateg. 2011;8(3 4):131 7.
3. Murteira S, Millier A, Ghezaiel Z, Lamure M. Drug reformulations and repositioning in pharmaceutical industry and its impact on market access: Regulatory implications. JMAHP 2014;2:22813. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/jmahp.v2.22813.
4. Kanavos P, Schurer W, Vogler S. Europa. European Commission [updated March 2011]. Available from: http://ec. europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/healthcare/files/docs/structimpact_ pharmaprices_032011_en.pdf [cited 3 March 2013].
5. WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Statistics Methodology. Definition and general considerations. World Health Organization-International language for drug utilization research ATC/DDD [updated 17 December 2009]. Available from: http://www.whocc.no/ddd/definition_and_general_considera/ [cited 5 March 2013].
6. World Health Organization. International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems. 10th Rev. 2010. Available from: http://apps.who.int/classifications/icd10/ browse/2010/en [cited 3 December 2012].
7. World Health Organization. Prevalence (000s) for selected causes, in WHO Regions (a), estimates for 2004. WHO Health Statistics. 2004. Available from: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/ global_burden_disease/en/ [cited 5 November 2012].
8. World Health Organization. GLOBOCAN 2008 Project. International Agency for Research on Cancer- ONLINE ANALYSIS PREVALENCE. Available from: http://globocan. iarc.fr/ [cited 25 November 2012].
9. Decision Resources. Patient Base. Decision Resources L.L.C. 2009. Available from: https://biopharma.decisionresourcesgroup. com/Disease/Browse?filterBy Therapy Area [cited 30 January 2012].
10. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Data & Statistics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [updated 11 January 2011]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/ [cited 14 April 2012].