This work reports on a very effective route to produce bio-based polyurethanes (PUs) and composites with high content of renewable carbon sources. The PUs are prepared with polyols synthesized from macauba oil (Acrocomia aculeata) and methylene diphenyl diisocyanate, at... View more
Datta, J.; Glowinska, E. Chemical modifications of natural oils and examples of their usage for polyurethane synthesis. J. Elastom. Plastics 2014, 46, 33-42.
J. Physics Conf. Series 2014, 495, 1-8.
Res. 2013, 20, 1-9.
4. Kong, X.; Liu, G.; Qi, H.; Curtis, J.M. Preparation and characterization of high-solid polyurethane coating systems based on vegetable oil derived polyols. Prog. Org. Coat. 2013, 76, 1151-1160.
5. Mosiewick, M.A.; Aranguren, M.I. A short review on novel biocomposites based on plant oil precursors. Europ. Polym. J. 2013, 49, 1243-1256.
6. Jang, J.Y.; Jeong, T.K.; Oh, W.J.; Youn, J.R.; Song, Y.S. Thermal stability and flammability of coconut fiber reinforced poly(lactic acid) composites. Composites B 2012, 43, 2434-2438.
7. Lomelí-Ramírez, M.G.; Kestur, S.G.; Manríquez-González, R.; Iwakiri, S.; Muniz, G.B.; Flores-Sahagun, T.S. Bio-composites of cassava starch-green coconut fiber: Part II-Structure and properties. Carbohydr. Polym. 2014, 102, 576-583.
8. Thanh, L.T.; Okitsu, K.; Maeda, Y.; Bandow, H. Ultrasound assisted production of fatty acid methyl esters from transesterification of triglycerides with methanol in the presence of KOH catalyst: Optimization, mechanism and kinetics. Ultrason. Sonochem. 2014, 21, 467-471.
9. Mirtschin, N.; Pretsch, T. Designing temperature-memory effects in semicrystalline polyurethane. RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 46307-46315.
10. Bothe, M.; Pretsch, T. Bidirectional actuation of a thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer. J. Mater. Chem. A 2013, 1, 14491-14497.