Subject: Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system | binge eating disorder | Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry | psychopathology | Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment | Review | pharmacotherapy | RC321-571 | RC346-429 | diagnosis | psychotherapy | obesity
Denise E Wilfley,1 Leslie Citrome,2 Barry K Herman3 1Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, 2Department of Psychiatry &amp; Behavioral Sciences, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, 3Global Medical Affairs, Shire, Lexin... View more
1. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 5th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
2. Stunkard AJ. Eating patterns and obesity. Psychiatr Q. 1959;33: 284-295.
3. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. 4th ed. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 1994.
4. Spitzer RL, Stunkard A, Yanovski S, et al. Binge eating disorder should be included in DSM-IV: a reply to Fairburn et al.'s “The classicfiation of recurrent overeating: the binge eating disorder proposal”. Int J Eat Disord. 1993;13(2):161-169.
5. Spitzer RL, Devlin MJ, Walsh BT, et al. Binge eating disorder: to be or not to be in the DSM-IV. Int J Eat Disord. 1991;10(6):627-629.
6. Hudson JI, Hiripi E, Pope HG Jr, Kessler RC. The prevalence and correlates of eating disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Biol Psychiatry. 2007;61(3):348-358.
7. Kessler RC, Berglund PA, Chiu WT, et al. The prevalence and correlates of binge eating disorder in the World Health Organization World Mental Health Surveys. Biol Psychiatry. 2013;73(9):904-914.
8. Morgan CM, Yanovski SZ, Nguyen TT, et al. Loss of control over eating, adiposity, and psychopathology in overweight children. Int J Eat Disord. 2002;31(4):430-441.
9. Johnson WG, Rohan KJ, Kirk AA. Prevalence and correlates of binge eating in white and African American adolescents. Eat Behav. 2002;3(2):179-189.
10. Grilo CM, Crosby RD, Masheb RM, et al. Overvaluation of shape and weight in binge eating disorder, bulimia nervosa, and sub-threshold bulimia nervosa. Behav Res Ther. 2009;47(8):692-696.