Subject: Saudi Arabia | Saudi Arabia. | R5-920 | Medicine (General) | Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare | workplace violence | primary health care | Original Research | Health care workers | violence | assaults
Nouf Al-Turki,1 Ayman AM Afify,1 Mohammed AlAteeq2 1Family Medicine Department, Prince Sultan Military Medical City, 2Department of Family Medicine and PHC, King Abdul-Aziz Medical City, National Guard Health Affairs, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Background: Health c... View more
1. Gillespie GL, Gates DM, Miller M, Howard PK. Workplace violence in healthcare settings: risk factors and protective strategies. Rehabil Nurs. 2010;35(5):177-184.
2. Work Safe BC. Preventing violence in health care: five steps to an effective program; 2005. Available from: http://www.worksafebc.com/ publications/health_and_safety/by_topic/assets/pdf/violhealthcare. pdf?_ga=1.54472365.402846214.1421522511. Accessed January 15, 2015.
3. Taylor JL, Rew L. A systematic review of the literature: workplace violence in the emergency department. J Clin Nurs. 2011;20(7-8): 1072-1085.
4. Krug EG, Dahlberg LL, Mercy JA, Zwi AB, Lozano R, editors. World Report on Violence and Health. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2002. Available from: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2002/9241545615_eng.pdf?ua=1. Accessed January 15, 2015.
5. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Violence. Occupational Hazards in Hospitals; 2002. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2002-101/pdfs/2002-101.pdf. Accessed January 15, 2015.
6. International Labor Office/International Council of Nurses/World Health Organization/Public Services International. Workplace Violence in the Health Sector: Country Case Studies Research Instruments: Survey Questionnaire. ILO/ICN/WHO/PSI Joint program on workplace violence in the health sector, Geneva; 2003. Available from: http:// www.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/violence/interpersonal/en/ WVquestionnaire.pdf. Accessed January 15, 2015.
7. Martino Vd. Workplace Violence in the Health Sector. Country Case Studies. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2002. Available from: http://cdrwww.who.int/violence_injury_prevention/violence/activities/ workplace/WVsynthesisreport.pdf. Accessed January 15, 2015.
8. National Crime Prevention Strategy. Prevent violence at work. It works. Available from: http://www.prevention-violence.com/en/intro.asp. Accessed January 15, 2015.
9. Hader R. Workplace Violence Survey 2008: unsettling nfidings: employees safety isn't the norm in our healthcare settings. Nursing Manage 2008;39(7):13-19.
10. Fujita S, Ito S, Seto K, Kitazawa T, Matsumoto K, Hasegawa T. Risk factors of workplace violence at hospitals in Japan. J Hospital Med. 2012;7(2):79-84.