Subject: :Ciencias de la Salud::Nutrición y dietética [Materias Investigacion] | blood pressure | polyphenols | TX341-641 | weight loss | cocoa | Nutrition. Foods and food supply | Original Article | bioavailability | Blood pressure, Cocoa, Diet, Bioavailability, Polyphenols, Weight loss. | Human Nutrition; Food Related Nutrition | diet
mesheuropmc: food and beverages
Background: Cardiometabolic profile is usually altered in obesity. Interestingly, the consumption of flavanol-rich foods might be protective against those metabolic alterations.Objective: To evaluate the postprandial cardiometabolic effects after the acute consumption o... View more
1. Mitchell NS, Catenacci VA, Wyatt HR, Hill JO. Obesity: overview of an epidemic. Psychiatr Clin North Am 2011; 34(4): 717 32.
2. Andersson K, Karlstrom B, Freden S, Petersson H, Ohrvall M, Zethelius B. A two-year clinical lifestyle intervention program for weight loss in obesity. Food Nutr Res 2008; 52. doi: http:// dx.doi.org/10.3402/fnr.v52i0.1656
3. Katsareli EA, Dedoussis GV. Biomarkers in the field of obesity and its related comorbidities. Expert Opin Ther Targets 2014; 18: 385 401.
4. Fayh AP, Lopes AL, da Silva AM, Reischak-Oliveira A, Friedman R. Effects of 5% weight loss through diet or diet plus exercise on cardiovascular parameters of obese: a randomized clinical trial. Eur J Nutr 2013; 52: 1443 50.
5. Stradling C, Hamid M, Taheri S, Thomas GN. A review of dietary influences on cardiovascular health: part 2: dietary patterns. Cardiovasc Hematol Disord Drug Targets 2014; 14: 50 63.
6. Etxeberria U, de la Garza AL, Campion J, Martinez JA, Milagro FI. Antidiabetic effects of natural plant extracts via inhibition of carbohydrate hydrolysis enzymes with emphasis on pancreatic alpha amylase. Expert Opin Ther Targets 2012; 16: 269 97.
7. Desideri G, Kwik-Uribe C, Grassi D, Necozione S, Ghiadoni L, Mastroiacovo D, et al. Benefits in cognitive function, blood pressure, and insulin resistance through cocoa flavanol consumption in elderly subjects with mild cognitive impairment: the Cocoa, Cognition, and Aging (CoCoA) study. Hypertension 2012; 60: 794 801.
8. Sarria B, Mateos R, Sierra-Cinos JL, Goya L, Garcia-Diz L, Bravo L. Hypotensive, hypoglycaemic and antioxidant effects of consuming a cocoa product in moderately hypercholesterolemic humans. Food Funct 2012; 3: 867 74.
9. Sarria B, Martinez-Lopez S, Sierra-Cinos JL, Garcia-Diz L, Mateos R, Bravo L. Regular consumption of a cocoa product improves the cardiometabolic profile in healthy and moderately hypercholesterolaemic adults. Br J Nutr 2014; 111: 122 34.
10. Khan N, Monagas M, Andres-Lacueva C, Casas R, Urpi-Sarda M, Lamuela-Raventos RM, et al. Regular consumption of cocoa powder with milk increases HDL cholesterol and reduces oxidized LDL levels in subjects at high-risk of cardiovascular disease. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 2012; 22: 1046 53.