Condition Monitoring (CM) of wind turbines can greatly reduce the maintenance costs for wind farms, especially for offshore wind farms. A new condition monitoring method for a wind turbine gearbox using temperature trend analysis is proposed. Autoassociative Kernel Regr... View more
Crabtree, C.J.; Feng, Y.; Tavner, P.J. Detecting Incipient Wind turbine Gearbox Failure: A Signal Analysis Method for On-Line Condition Monitoring. In Proceedings of the European Wind Energy Conference, Warsaw, Poland, 20-23 April 2010.
Hameed, Z.; Hong, Y.S.; Cho, Y.M.; Song, C.K. Condition monitoring and fault detection of wind turbines and related algorithms: A review. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 2009, 1, 1-39.
Lu, B.; Li, Y.; Wu, X. A Review of Recent Advance in Wind Turbine Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis. In Proceedings of 2009 IEEE Power Electronics and Machines in Wind Application, Lincoln, NE, USA, 24-26 June 2009; pp. 1-7.
Tavner, P.; Ran, L.; Penman, J.; Sedding, S. Condition Monitoring of Rotating Electrical Machines, 2nd revised ed.; Institute of Engineering and Technology: London, UK, 2008; pp. 133-134.
6. Zaher, A.S.A.E.; McArther, S.D.J.; Infield, D.G. Online wind turbine fault detection through automated SCADA data analysis. Wind Energy 2009, 6, 574-593.
7. Garcia, M.C.; Sanz-Bobi, M.A.; del Pico, J. SIMAP: Intelligent system for predictive maintenance: Application to health condition monitoring of a wind turbine gearbox. Comput. Ind. 2006, 6, 552-568.
9. Watson, S.J.; Xiang, J.P.; Yang, W.; Tavner, P.J.; Crabtree, C.J. Condition monitoring of the power output of wind turbine generators using wavelets. IEEE Trans. Energy Convers. 2010, 3, 715-721.
10. Yang, W.; Tavner, P.J.; Wilkinson, M.R. Condition monitoring and fault diagnosis of a wind turbine synchronous generator drive train. Renew. Power Gener. 2009, 1, 1-11.
11. Wilkinson, M.R.; Spinato, F.; Tavner, P.J. Condition Monitoring of Generators & Other Subassemblies in Wind Turbine Drive Trains. In Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electric Machines, Power Electrics and Drives, Cracow, Poland, 6-8 September 2007; pp. 388-392.