Subject: cross-border e-commerce | transaction costs | TJ807-830 | TD194-195 | Renewable energy sources | China | GE1-350 | Environmental sciences | comparative advantage | Environmental effects of industries and plants | international trade
Reducing transaction costs by means of policy intervention could generate comparative advantages and contribute to the growth of international trade. Chinese government agencies have introduced a number of policies in support of rapidly growing cross-border e-commerce t... View more
Chen, N.; Yang, J. Mechanism of government policies in cross-border e-commerce on firm performance and implications on m-commerce. Int. J. Mob. Commun. 2017, 15, 69-84. [CrossRef] Guidance by General Office of the State Council on the Promotion of Cross-Border E-Commerce in a Healthy and Rapid Way. Available online: http://www.gov.cn/zhengce/content/2015-06/20/content_9955.htm (accessed on 20 June 2016). (In Chinese) Cairncross, F. The Death of Distance: How the Communications Revolution Is Changing Our Lives; Harvard Business School Press: Boston, MA, USA, 2001.
4. Cowgill, B.; Dorobantu, C. Gravity and Borders in Online Commerce: Results from Google. Available online: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers//consumers/Consumer_research/market_syudies/ docs/study_ecommerce_goods_en.pdf (accessed on 8 October 2017).
5. Gomez-Herrera, E.; Martens, B.; Turlea, G. The drivers and impediments for cross-border e-commerce in the EU. Inform. Econ. Policy 2014, 28, 83-96. [CrossRef]
6. Alaveras, G.; Martens, B. International Trade in Online Services; JRC/IPTS Digital Economy Working Paper; Publications Office of the European Union: Luxembourg, 2015.
7. Civic Consulting. Consumer Market Study on the Functioning of E-Commerce and Internet Marketing and Selling Techniques in the Retail of Goods; Final Report; Publications Office of the European Union: Luxembourg, 2011.
8. Lendle, A.; Olarreaga, M.; Schropp, S. There Goes Gravity: How eBay Reduces Trade Cost. In The World Bank Policy Research Working Paper; No. DP9094; The World Bank: Washington, DC, USA, 2012.
9. Duch-Brown, N.; Martens, B. Consumer Benefits from the EU Digital Single Market: Evidence from Household Appliances Markets; JRC/IPTS Digital Economy Working Paper; Publications Office of the European Union: Luxembourg, 2014.
10. Martens, B. What Does Economic Research Tell Us about Cross-Border E-Commerce in the EU Digital Single Market? JRC/IPTS Digital Economy Working Paper, No. 25844; Publications Office of the European Union: Luxembourg, 2013.
11. Brynjolfsson, E.; Hu, Y.; Smith, M.D. Consumer Surplus in the Digital Economy: Estimating the Value of Increased Product Variety at Online Booksellers. Manag. Sci. 2003, 49, 1580-1596. [CrossRef]
12. Cardona, M.; Duch-Brown, N.; Martens, B. Consumer Perceptions of (Cross-Border) E-Commerce in the EU Digital Single Market; Social Science Electronic Publishing: New York, NY, USA, 2015; Volume 27, pp. 195-202.