Subject: Q | Yatir | LAI | wildfire | Science | Mt. Carmel | understory | MODIS
We present an efficient method for monitoring woody (i.e., evergreen) and herbaceous (i.e., ephemeral) vegetation in Mediterranean forests at a sub pixel scale from Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI) time series derived from the Moderate Resolution Imaging Sp... View more
1. Kuebbing, S.E.; Souza, L.; Sanders, N.J. Effects of co-occurring non-native invasive plant species on old-field succession. For. Ecol. Manage. 2014, 324, 196-204.
2. Kambatuku, J.R.; Cramer, M.D.; Ward, D. Savanna tree-grass competition is modified by substrate type and herbivory. J. Veg. Sci. 2011, 22, 225-237.
3. Odion, D.C.; Moritz, M.A.; DellaSala, D.A. Alternative community states maintained by fire in the Klamath Mountains, USA. J. Ecol. 2010, 98, 96-105.
4. Pauwels, V.R.N.; Wood, E.F. A soil-vegetation-atmosphere transfer scheme for the modeling of water and energy balance processes in high latitudes: 1. Model improvements. J. Geophys. Res. Atmos. 1999, 104, 27811-27822.
5. Birdsey, R.; Pregitzer, K.; Lucier, A. Forest carbon management in the United States. J. Environ. Qual. 2006, 35, 1461-1469.
6. Nilsson, M.-C.; Wardle, D.A. Understory vegetation as a forest ecosystem driver: Evidence from the northern Swedish boreal forest. Front. Ecol. Environ. 2005, 3, 421-428.
7. Penman, T.D.; Collins, L.; Syphard, A.D.; Keeley, J.E.; Bradstock, R.A. Influence of fuels, weather and the built environment on the exposure of property to wildfire. PLoS One 2014, 9, e111414.
8. Swatantran, A.; Dubayah, R.; Goetz, S.; Hofton, M.; Betts, M.G.; Sun, M.; Simard, M.; Holmes, R. Mapping migratory bird prevalence using remote sensing data fusion. PLoS One 2012, 7, e28922.
9. Osem, Y.; Perevolotsky, A.; Kigel, J. Grazing effect on diversity of annual plant communities in a semi arid rangeland: Interactions with small scale spatial and temporal variation in primary productivity. J. Ecol. 2002, 90, 936-946.
10. Jenkins, M.J.; Page, W.G.; Hebertson, E.G.; Alexander, M.E. Fuels and fire behavior dynamics in bark beetle-attacked forests in Western North America and implications for fire management. For. Ecol. Manage. 2012, 275, 23-34.