Subject: Medicine (miscellaneous) | R5-920 | Medicine (General) | Research | Pharmacology (medical)
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Publicly funded clinical trials require a substantial commitment of time and money. To ensure that sufficient numbers of patients are recruited it is essential that they address important questions in a rigorous manner and are manage... View more
1. Lovato LC, Hill K, Hertert S, Hunninghake DB, Probstfield JL: Recruitment for Controlled Clinical Trials: Literature Summary and Annotated Bibliography. Controlled Clinical Trials 1997, 18:328-357.
2. Levitt T: Marketing Myopia. HBR 1960:45-56.
3. McDonald M, Wilson H: The New Marketing: Transforming the Corporate Future. Oxford , Butterworth-Heinemann; 2002.
4. Schoenfeld ER, Greene JM, Wu SY, O'Leary E, Forte F, Leske C: Recruiting Participants for Community-Based Research: The Diabetic Retinopathy Awareness Program. AEP 2000, 10(7):432-440.
5. Farrell B: Efficient management of randomised controlled trials: nature or nurture. BMJ 1998, 317:1236-1239.
6. Rowe JC, Elling ME, Hazlewood JG, Zakhary R: A Cure for Clinical Trials. McKinsey Quarterly 2002.
7. Wilson J, Musick M: Who Cares? Towards An Integrated Theory Of Volunteer Work. American Sociological Review 1997, 62:694-713.
8. Campbell MK, Snowdon C, Francis D, Elbourne D, McDonald AM, Knight R, Entwistle V, Garcia J, Roberts I, Grant A, The STEPS Group: Recruitment to randomised trials: strategies for trial enrolment and participation study. The STEPS study. Health Technol Assess 2007, 11(48):1-126.
9. McDonald AM, Knight RC, Campbell MK, Entwistle VA, Grant AM, Cook JA, Elbourne DR, Francis D, Garcia J, Roberts I, Snowdon C: What influences recruitment to randomised controlled trials? A review of trials funded by two UK funding agencies. Trials 2006, 7(9):.
10. Snowdon C, Elbourne DR, Garcia J, Campbell MK, Entwistle VA, Francis D, Grant AM, Knight RC, McDonald AM, Roberts I: Financial considerations in the conduct of multi-centre randomised controlled trials: evidence from a qualitative study. Trials 2006, 7(34):.