1. Posner K, Oquendo MA, Gould M, Stanley B, Davies M. Columbia Classif ication Algorithm of Suicide Assessment (C-CASA): classification of suicidal events in the FDA's pediatric suicidal risk analysis of antidepressants. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164:1035-1043. [OpenAIRE]
2. Nock MK. Actions speak louder than words: an elaborated theoretical model of the social functions of self-injury and other harmful behaviors. Appl Prev Psychol. 2008;12:159-168. [OpenAIRE]
3. Mann JJ. A current perspective of suicide and attempted suicide. Ann Intern Med. 2002;136;302-311.
4. World Health Organization. Suicide prevention. Available at: http:// www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide/suicideprevent/en/. Accessed June 10, 2012.
5. Mitchell AJ, Dennis M. Self-harm and attempted suicide in adults: 10 practical questions and answers for emergency department staff. Emerg Med J. 2006;23:251-255.
6. Claes L, Vandereycken W. Self-injurious behavior: differential diagnosis and functional differentiation. Compr Psychiatry. 2007;48:137-144. [OpenAIRE]
7. World Health Organization. Mental and Neurological Disorders. Factsheet 265. Factsheet No 265 2001. Indian J Med Sci. 2002;56: 25-29.
8. Foster T, Gillespie K, McClelland R. Mental disorders and suicide in Northern Ireland. Br J Psychiatry. 1997;170:447-452.
9. Shaffer D, Craft L. Methods of adolescent suicide prevention. J Clin Psychiatry. 1999;60 Suppl 2:70-74.
10. Brausch AM, Gutierrez PM. The role of body image and disordered eating as risk factors for depression and suicidal ideation in adolescents. Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2009;39:58-71.
11. Foley DL, Goldston DB, Costello EJ, Angold A. Proximal psychiatric risk factors for suicidality in youth: the Great Smoky Mountains Study. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2006;63:1017-1024.
12. Russell ST, Joyner K. Adolescent sexual orientation and suicide risk: evidence from a national study. Am J Public Health. 2001;91: 1276-1281. [OpenAIRE]
13. Boden JM, Fergusson DM, Horwood LJ. Anxiety disorders and suicidal behaviors in adolescence and young adulthood: findings from a longi - tudinal study. Psychol Med. 2007;37:431-440.
14. Dube SR, Anda RF, Felitti VJ, Chapman DP, Williamson DF, Giles WH. Childhood abuse, household dysfunction, and the risk of attempted suicide throughout the life span: findings from the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study. JAMA. 2001;286:3089-3096.
15. Brown J, Cohen P, Johnson JG, Smailes EM. Childhood abuse and neglect: specificity of effects on adolescent and young adult depression and suicidality. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1999;38:1490-1496.