Publisher: Faculdade de Saúde Pública da Universidade de São Paulo
Subject: Multilevel Analysis | Agendamento de Consultas | Appointments and Schedules | Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation | Primary Health Care, organization & administration | Qualidade, Acesso e Avaliação da Assistência à Saúde | Atenção Primária à Saúde, organização & administração
ABSTRACT OBJECTIVE To evaluate whether the scheduling model influences the perception of the user about the quality of primary health care centers. METHODS This is a cross-sectional and population-based study that measured the quality of centers by the Primary Care As... View more
1. Campbell SM, Roland MO, Buetow SA. Defining quality of care. Soc Sci Med. 2000;51(11):1611-25. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0277-9536(00)00057-5
2. Fausto MCR, Fonseca HMS. Rotas da atenção básica no Brasil: experiências do trabalho de campo PMAQ AB. Rio de Janeiro: Saberes; 2013 [cited 2018 Jul 31]. Available from: http://www5.ensp.fiocruz.br/biblioteca/dados/txt_432317170.pdf
3. Protasio APL, Gomes LB, Machado LS, Valença AMG. Factors associated with user satisfaction regarding treatment offered in Brazilian primary health care. Cad Saude Publica. 2017;33(2):e00184715. https://doi.org/10.1590/0102-311x00184715
4. Ryu J, Lee TH. The Waiting Game. Why providers may fail to reduce wait times. N Engl J Med. 2017;376(24):2309-11. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp1704478
5. Knight A, Lembke T. Appointments 101: how to shape a more effective appointment system. Aust Fam Physician. 2013;42(3):152-6.
6. Murray M, Tantau C. Same-day appointments: exploding the access paradigm. Fam Pract Manag. 2000;7(8):45-50.
7. Murray M, Berwick DM. Advanced access: reducing waiting and delays in primary care. JAMA;289(8):1035-40. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.289.8.1035
8. Ansell D, Crispo JAG, Simard B, Bjerre LM. Interventions to reduce wait times for primary care appointments: a systematic review. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17(1):295. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-017-2219-y
9. Rose KD, Ross JS, Horwitz LI. Advanced access scheduling outcomes: a systematic review. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171(13):1150-9. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinternmed.2011.168
10. Hudec JC, MacDougall S, Rankin E. Advanced access appointments: effects on family physician satisfaction, physicians' office income, and emergency department use. Can Fam Physician. 2010;56(10):e361-7.