Subject: BF636 | B | BF | R5-920 | Change | Implementation | Theoretical domains framework | Research | Q | R | Health Policy | Medicine (General) | BF76.5 | Medicine(all) | Behaviour | Validation | Theory | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
<p><b>Abstract</b></p> <p><b>Background</b></p> <p>An integrative theoretical framework, developed for cross-disciplinary implementation and other behaviour change research, has been applied across a wide range of clinical situations. This study tests the validity of th... View more
1. Clinical Effectiveness Research Agenda Group (CERAG): An Implementation Research Agenda: A report prepared for the High Level Group on Clinical Effectiveness. London: CERAG; 2008.
2. World Health Authority (WHA): World Health Assembly Resolution 51.12: Health Promotion. 2010, Accessed from [http://www.who.int/ healthpromotion/wha51-12/en/], 27th July 2010.
3. Newman M, Papadopoulous L, Sigsworth J (1998) Barriers to evidencebased practice. Clin Eff Nurs 2:11-18
4. McKenna H, Ashton S, Keeney S (2004) Barriers to evidence based practice in primary care: a review of the literature. Int J Nurs Stud 41:369-378
5. Grol R, Grimshaw J (2003) From evidence to best practice: effective implementation of change in patients' care. Lancet 362:1225-1230
6. Abraham C, Kelly MP, West R, Michie S (2009) The UK national institute for health and clinical excellence public health guidance on behavior change: a brief introduction. Psychology Health Med 14:1-8
7. Albarracin D, Gillette JG, Earl AN, Glasman LR, Durantini MR, Ho MH (2005) A test of major assumptions about behavior change: a comprehensive look at the effects of passive and active HIV-prevention interventions since the beginning of the epidemic. Psychol Bull 131:856-897
8. Noar SM, Zimmerman RS (2005) Health behavior theory and cumulative knowledge regarding health behaviours: are we moving in the right direction? Health Ed Res: Theory Pract 20:275-290
9. Michie S, Prestwich A (2010) Are interventions theory-based? Development of a theory coding scheme. Heal Psychol 29:1-8
10. Davies P, Walker AE, Grimshaw J (2010) A systematic review of the use of theory in the design and implementation strategies and interpretation of the results of rigorous evaluations. Implement Sci 5:1-6